2020.11 Update 1 Feature Overview [Updated 25-Nov-2020]

Morten Saether

Hi Noel

In the Latest update 26.11.0.098 i get an error while scanning some vsts the popup box says "Log open Failure" and then inside the box it says TTSlogger and the vst scan only continues when I click inside the box and then it does the same again with a differant vst again.

Can you help please?

Regards

Winston

Capture.JPG

Hi Noel,

Thank you for getting back to me. This error pop showed up after i upadeted bandlab cakewalk to the latest version. I did the update through the Cakewalk propgram from within the program where it says check for updates. As of now 2021/01/21 almost very vst scan flags now with the same pop up. Here with is also a copy of the message sent to cakewalk support

"

Thank you for getting back to me.

I started up Bandlab Cakewalk as normal and the errors came while the vst scan was running. The error messages started with the Studio Instruments of cakewalk that is bundled with bandlab. and everytime when i started bandlab cakewalk more and more vsts started showing the same message.

This only started with the latest update of cakewalk bandlab and I suspect it has to do with an update that was made to the vst scan engine.

The popups are typical of when something is running in a debugging mode. Screenshots are attached as requested. When i click the pop up and click "ok" the vst scanner resumes to the next vst that shows a popup and the scan pauses until i click that popup and so on and so on. When Eventually the scan is completed and I load a vst that was scanned with the "popup" that vst works perfectly no problem. It seems as though the vst scanner tries to write to a logfile everytime the scan is run and the pop up error comes that the vst scan can't write to a TTS logfile. I have checked this while running Cakewalk bandlab in administrator mode and as normal without administrator priviledges and the same error pops up. I have even turned off my Trend Micro antivirus but it still does the same popup message.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Winston"

Noel is there anywhere that i can uninstall cakewalk and do a fresh clean install of the latest version. Maybe the updated did not overwrite all the files properly?

Thank you very much

Posted just now

Hi Noel,

Thank you for getting back to me. This error pop showed up after i upadeted bandlab cakewalk to the latest version. I did the update through the Cakewalk propgram from within the program where it says check for updates. As of now 2021/01/21 almost very vst scan flags now with the same pop up. Here with is also a copy of the message sent to cakewalk support

"

I started up Bandlab Cakewalk as normal and the errors came while the vst scan was running. The error messages started with the Studio Instruments of cakewalk that is bundled with bandlab. and everytime when i started bandlab cakewalk more and more vsts started showing the same message.

This only started with the latest update of cakewalk bandlab and I suspect it has to do with an update that was made to the vst scan engine.

The popups are typical of when something is running in a debugging mode. Screenshots are attached as requested. When i click the pop up and click "ok" the vst scanner resumes to the next vst that shows a popup and the scan pauses until i click that popup and so on and so on. When Eventually the scan is completed and I load a vst that was scanned with the "popup" that vst works perfectly no problem. It seems as though the vst scanner tries to write to a logfile everytime the scan is run and the pop up error comes that the vst scan can't write to a TTS logfile. I have checked this while running Cakewalk bandlab in administrator mode and as normal without administrator priviledges and the same error pops up. I have even turned off my Trend Micro antivirus but it still does the same popup message.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Winston"

Noel is there anywhere that i can uninstall cakewalk and do a fresh clean install of the latest version. Maybe the updated did not overwrite all the files properly?

Thank you very much

On 1/16/2021 at 2:27 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi @winstonhulley Im guessing but this seems to indicate that you had a beta release. Can you try reinstalling that release or install the latest early access release that we posted and let us know if it addresses it.

Posted just now

Hi Noel,

Thank you for getting back to me. This error pop showed up after i upadeted bandlab cakewalk to the latest version. I did the update through the Cakewalk propgram from within the program where it says check for updates. As of now 2021/01/21 almost very vst scan flags now with the same pop up. Here with is also a copy of the message sent to cakewalk support

"

Thank you

Kind Regards

Winston"

Thank you very much

@winstonhulleyThis is definitely an install issue and not related to the recent update. You may have a virus scanner that blocked this.
Its in debugging mode because you turned on VST scan logging in preferences.

Check if you have this file:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\TTSLogger.dll

If the file is present you can manually register it as follows:

Open a dos box as an administrator

• in the search box type Command Prompt
  • when you see Command Prompt listed, right click on it and choose run as administrator

Then in the dos box type this:
regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\TTSLogger.dll"

You should see a message saying that DllRegisterServer succeeded.

This should resolve the issue. Alternatively you can also turn off vst scan logging which will stop using ttslogger.
In preferences | VST Settings, uncheck "Generate Scan Log"