help help hlep pleases

JohnnyPgoode

Question

Man IM having serious Issues with the latency as i believe its the #1 topic with any DAW. ok I have an HP Omen Brand new.. 2.6ghx. 16 gigs ram. Intel CORE I7. Brand new focusrite  18i20 3rd gen. I'm not new to music production. I always used PT10hd. I have tried every driver in the device settings. the best was wasapi exclusive but it gets a little goofy. tried most EVERYTHING to fix the issues. I believe its machine related. Is it possible to get input monitoring to a near zero latency like i could in protools. right now the click is not in sync with audio tracks. of course instruments work fine. and advise. i have exhausted all means i could find. I will admit i will be a pain in the ***** if someone responds because i never give up. I know this will do what i want i just have to find a way to get there. Thanks to however responds.

4 answers to this question

Your best bet, if you haven't done so already, is to use the supplied ASIO drivers for your 18i20 - they're always going to give you the lowest latency out of everything.

Make sure there's no other ASIO drivers on your system because you'll find things like ASIO4ALL or the Generic Low Latency Steinberg driver can cause you issues too, even if you're not actually using them.

HP can be fairly problematic on some models, and might need the inbuilt audio driver disabled, and the power settings checked too. But definitely start with choosing the ASIO driver first. I'd recommend unplugging the 18i20 first and then going to the SUPPORT page and downloading the latest drivers, installing them and rebooting, then reconnecting the 18i20. Then start Cakewalk up again and choose ASIO as the driver.

This should at least give you a baseline to work with, if it doesn't solve the problem completely.