(SOLVED) Can I copy/paste multiple automation envelopes at once?

Billy86

I see info on the old forum on copying such envelopes from one track to another but it seems one at a time. I’ve got eight I want to copy/paste to another track. Can I do all at once?  Thanks. I tried shift/mouse drag to, in theory,  grab them all but it didn’t take. 

Edited by Billy86

Select the source track (if automation lanes are collapsed) or lanes

Change focus to the target track

Paste special - make sure in "What to paste" Events/Clips is unchecked and Track/Bus Automation is selected

KJBO3eh.gif

Note: the envelopes may be reordered but the data is correct

It is also possible to select some automation lanes and copy them. Here is an example of copying the first and third envelope from the first track and pasting these two envelopes into the second track

odrb91P.gif

• Like 2

Yeah, I did not mention the other controls in the Paste Special dialog. For example, when pasting full tracks, I always rewind Now to 0 but this is not necessary because the Paste dialog has a start time option.

11 hours ago, scook said:

Select the source track (if automation lanes are collapsed) or lanes

Change focus to the target track

Paste special - make sure in "What to paste" Events/Clips is unchecked and Track/Bus Automation is selected

KJBO3eh.gif

Note: the envelopes may be reordered but the data is correct

It is also possible to select some automation lanes and copy them. Here is an example of copying the first and third envelope from the first track and pasting these two envelopes into the second track

odrb91P.gif

Awesome! Thanks scook!