Mysterious Registry Error When Inserting Synths

Steve Veach

Question

Hello everyone,

Not too long ago, I started getting a strange registry error after launching Cakewalk and when trying to insert a soft synth. If I just click Cancel, I can add soft synths. Sometimes it pops up again when trying to add another soft synth. I never explicitly installed anything called "VCV Bridge". I install and uninstall a lot of free soft synths so I'm not sure what caused this issue or how to get rid (remove) it. When I look in the folders, both files are there, so I presume something (Cakewalk? Windows?) doesn't like the registry entry mismatch. I'm not really sure what to do except the thing I don't want to do. Completely uninstall all my soft synths and Cakewalk and start all over. I have a ton of soft synths and a ton of audio plugins so that would be very painful.

I have no problem editing the registry but I don't know what type of editing is needed.

Thanks for any ideas.

cakewalk error 1.png

cakewalk error 2.png

2 answers to this question

VCV Bridge was part of VCV Rack 0.6.

Pretty sure it was installed along with the synth so that it could be used in DAWs.

AFAIK, it is not included with VCV 1 and is not being developed as VCV 2 will have a paid VST plug-in version.

If you are not using VCV modular inside a DAW (the bridge does work with VCV 0.6 and 1) consider removing the the VCV bridge dlls from the scan path.

May also want to rebuild the Cakewalk plug-in inventory registry.

To do this run a VST reset from preferences.

This clears and rebuilds the Cakewalk VST Inventory in the registry.

No need to directly edit the registry.