I feel so sad...

Bapu

I wonder if it is any idea to do that to my 12-stringed?

I always wondered why there was so few 12-stringed for sale in shops until i bought one.

It is a messy business to tune it. And it takes like ten tries before it suddenly sounds perfect in tune.

---- To answer myself - probably not. It was one of the cheapest on Gear4Music. Not much chance to improvement i think. And yes, i can't really afford it.

/// Thanks, it's always good to get it off ones chest. 😉

25 minutes ago, Kurre said:

I wonder if it is any idea to do that to my 12-stringed?

I always wondered why there was so few 12-stringed for sale in shops until i bought one.

It is a messy business to tune it. And it takes like ten tries before it suddenly sounds perfect in tune.

---- To answer myself - probably not. It was one of the cheapest on Gear4Music. Not much chance to improvement i think. And yes, i can't really afford it.

/// Thanks, it's always good to get it off ones chest. 😉

I got slightly burned getting a cheap 12 string... it has a built in tuner, which makes things 100 times easier, but the action was so low it was buzzing all over the place.

I removed the bridge saddle and sent it to a guy who builds new ones, asking him to make me one 0.25cm higher. Only cost me around £20 IIRRC.  It didn't completely cure it (F on the 1st fret of the high E string buzzes if I press too hard), but it's completely playable now.

2 hours ago, craigb said:

My 12-string is the modelled version using the Variax guts built into my first custom guitar... 😁

Ditto for me. My Line 6 James Tyler Variax is my 12 string. I only have to tune 6 stings*

lakeplacidbluenew.jpg

*sadly I can barely manage that

• Like 1

14 hours ago, craigb said:

Oh, c'mon guys!  Next you'll be saying that post count actually matters! 😆

It only matter to Bapu.  

Hey wait I just noticed you really surpassed me in Post Count. Now I really don't have a change with the ladies :( 

"Sorry craigb has 100's more to offer