changing tempo of recorded audio track

Charles Gillard

What model of Keyboard is this?  

Most keyboards you should  be able to record the midi output  and then you can edit the track to clean up mistakes etc and change the tempo very easily.  It is not that easy to change the tempo of audio and I've never done it so sorry have no answer for that. 

You might not even need the sounds the Yamaha keyboard makes as there are hundreds of VST instruments available with Cakewalk and 3rd parties. Many are free. 

Charles , If you now have an "audio" track of your midi performance it's pretty easy to change. If the track is cut up from edits , first do a bounce to clips so it's all one clip. Select the clip , go to the very end of it and put a marker there. Change the bpm of your project. You'll now see the end of the clip moved away from the marker. Right click your edit "tool" (top of the page with he wrench) and choose "stretch". Grab the very end of your clip again , click and drag it back to the marker. Turn the stretch tool back off !  A few bpm can make a big difference..       mark

4 hours ago, micv said:

technically you can change tempo of audio tracks/clips but the result audio quality is pretty bad in my experience. 

you have to bounce your track/clip after a tempo change to apply the high quality algorithm.. I still like to use Radius Mix for best quality, I've compared it to the newer Elastique Pro and in my ears Radius Mix always wins by a strand of a hair, it may depend on the source (type of music, etc)

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...