BLA Updated to 6.2

cclarry

Bandlab Assistant has been updated to version 6.2

If the update within the program fails, then you can manually download it from here.

https://www.bandlab.com/download/assistant/windows

Even if the BA process is running, this version of the installer offers to terminate the process before proceeding with the installation.

Note: This only updates Bandlab Assistant, not Cakewalk by Bandlab itself.

• Thanks 3

Self-update was successful. (Everything was done automatically.)
"Update" button color only becomes lighter and looks it's stuck and there is nothing like an indicator, however, it's downloading installer quietly. You can check that downloading process at "C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\bandlab-assistant-updater\pending" folder with pressing F5. (Increased file size)
Seems "C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\bandlab-assistant-updater\installer.exe" will be replaced with that downloaded file after complete downloading but I don't know why.

FYI: Windows Ransomware protection will block some access to Document folder while installing. So it is recommended to turn it off temporarily during the update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hm, tried to turn threat&virus protection off but it was not enough... Even starting BA as admin. Still faking install, disappearing but after starting it again is was encouraging to update...

To be honest less painful way is to download BA  and install it from scratch than searching through Windows options and trying to turn off and looking what helps.

Download <1minute

Virus scan by virustotal ~1 minute (if nobody have checked given file recently otherwise a few sec )

Install < 20 sec

Maybe it is very lazy way but anyway it saves my time...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Once BLA is installed, I can start it once, but shutting it down and trying to start it again fails.

If I go to "task manager" and kill the 4 (!) Bandlab Assistant processes, then I can start it again. Clearly something isn't cleaning/starting up correctly.

When this happens, you can see the GUI flash on the desktop briefly but immediately close down. Looks like it thought it was already running and stopped itself from appearing twice (or more than once, anyway).

This occurs when you exit BLA using the 'X' in the upper right corner. If you go to Settings (by using the 'gear' icon in the left hand upper corner) and leave with the 'quit' button, it closes correctly.

Windows 10, Dell XPS

@frank0d Clicking 'X' in the upper right corner is not quit BandLab Assistant, just enter the notification area. So you have to double click the BandLab Assistant icon in the notification area to re-open it.

FYI: You can also quit it from right click menu at BA icon in the notification area.