Trouble Posting

Byron Dickens

Not sure where to put this.

I seem to be unable to post in Firefox on Android. The whole forum also seems to be painfully slow and/ or unresponsive.

This just happened in the past few days. 

I was wondering if it was after changing my email, but it seems to be OK in Chrome. 

Now I wonder if it is because of the latest Firefox update.  Would much rather use it than Chrome for multiple reasons.

Depending on what your reasons are for avoiding Chrome, the Brave browser might be a better choice for you. It's built on the Chrome engine but runs faster and isn't as intrusive. I don't post to (or even read) forums on my phone - yes, I still call it a "phone" - so I can't testify re the Android version, but Brave has been working well for me on my computer for several months now. 

16 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Depending on what your reasons are for avoiding Chrome, the Brave browser might be a better choice for you. It's built on the Chrome engine but runs faster and isn't as intrusive. I don't post to (or even read) forums on my phone - yes, I still call it a "phone" - so I can't testify re the Android version, but Brave has been working well for me on my computer for several months now. 

How long did it take you to d/l this? I've tried twice and lost the will to live waiting for it to complete. After cancelling the d/l both attempts showed as 1217kb file size.

19 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

37 seconds for me old bean.

You might want to try poppin' ten bob in the meter 😁

15 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I don't remember it being a long download. It was 1.3MB.

But I only downloaded to my PC; I have not used the Android version. 

PC version for me too....

The initial BraveBrowserSetup d/l is quick but running that just gives a "Downloading" window that 20 minutes later still says that.

Time to pretend that I never heard of it I think.

• 2 weeks later...