Meter switch.

Will.

• 2 weeks later...

This is becoming more of a "need" now. 

I literally had to ask a client to stop recording for 10mins as I was busy going through my inputs and setting for why I'm in "stereo."

This really messes with me sometimes - like, again today.

Dont know why now after all this years. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

1 minute ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

When you set a track to interleave mono, you get only the left side of the meter playing on the track view instead of a single meter

Not true.

Setting interleave to mono causes the meter to show Left and Right at the same level.

Setting interlevel to stereo causes the meter to show the Left and Right channels separately.

1 minute ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

When you set a track to interleave mono, you get only the left side of the meter playing on the track view instead of a single meter. I presume that's what OP wants.

No! You get both simultaneously.

But - I still read it sometimes as stereo, even when I know I'm in Mono. 

9 minutes ago, scook said:

Not true.

Setting interleave to mono causes the meter to show Left and Right at the same level.

Setting interlevel to stereo causes the meter to show the Left and Right channels separately.

True! Single meter for mono would still be proper for visual purpose though. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

1 minute ago, Will_Kaydo said:

I still read it sometimes as stereo, even when I know I'm in Mono. 

The meters show levels after the panner.

Until the meters are moved before the panner, they will always show the left and right side levels regardless of the interleave setting.

If the line between the left and right channel is a problem, turn off segmented meters in preferences or create a custom theme with the desired images.

Of course, the meters will look the same regardless of the interleave setting and still show the levels after the panner.

16 minutes ago, scook said:

The meters show levels after the panner.

Until the meters are moved before the panner, they will always show the left and right side levels regardless of the interleave setting.

If the line between the left and right channel is a problem, turn off segmented meters in preferences or create a custom theme with the desired images.

Of course, the meters will look the same regardless of the interleave setting and still show the levels after the panner.

Tried it before, didn't like it. Having these separate, will make certain mixing decision easier in locating mono tracks.

Things are extremely small on a 4K monitor from a far.

Changing the resolution: What was the use investing in one just to lose all that real-estate again. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

6 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Tried it before, didn't like it. Having these separate, will make certain mixing decision easier in locating mono tracks.

Things are extremely small on a 4K monitors from a far.

Changing the resolution: What was the use investing in one just to lose all that real-estate again. 

Having what separate?

By the time the signal hits the meters, mono and stereo tracks have a left and right output.

This is what the meters show.

Screen resolution has nothing to do with this.

2 minutes ago, scook said:

Having what separate?

By the time the signal hits the meters, mono and stereo tracks have a left and right output.

This is what the meters show.

Screen resolution has nothing to do with this.

You didn't understandmy previous reply fully. I have a Mecer 43" 4K Monitor hanged against the wall. 

Things in cakewalk are really small. This is only with cakewalk.  Scalling the Resolution down expands/Make things bigger/larger/Huge/it enlarges the strips, but I lose the real-estate coming with a 4K monitor. 

That's what I meant with that. 

Having a "classic" dedicated Mono SINGLE METER separate from a Stereo meter, will bring a sense of visual purpose without some sort of confusion now and then - as I have mentioned above. 

I fully understand the request, do you understand the impact the request has on the signal flow in the DAW?

The meter you are asking for must reside before the panner regardless of the hat the person behind the console is wearing.

5 minutes ago, scook said:

I fully understand the request, do you understand the impact the request has on the signal flow in the DAW?

The meter you are asking for must reside before the panner regardless of the hat the person behind the console is wearing.

😂 Yes, I fully understand. I recall working on a class project in college helping with coding a game. 

No one will touch the signal flow on this. Just the visual on the Meter just those commands that Split the "visual side" of the Meter we see, when in Mono or Stereo.