To Thine Own Self Be Blue , My Talking Tele , and Full Moon Tele Dance

kennywtelejazz

On 11/10/2020 at 12:59 AM, Philip G Hunt said:

Amazing playing - loved the first and third track.  The third track, I could listen to on loop all day. :) I used to buy mix tapes in Camden Lock of Acid Jazz guitarists or keyboardists, and the third one totally gave me that vibe. Loved it.

My talking Tele didn't quite do it for me though - perhaps the slower tempo didn't fit your playing as well. 

Great work though. ;)

Hello Phillip G Hunt ,  Thank you for your honesty .  I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment ...

My third tune is one of mine and I would love to play in a band that played in that genre   ...

all the best,

Kenny

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 5:18 AM, daryl1968 said:

bloody lovely Kenny - hope things are ok with you my friend

Hi Daryl ! Thanks for the listens . Yeah I'm still standing ....just barely🤪

On 11/10/2020 at 8:09 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Its all been said above, so I'll just add 👍's!

t

Hi DeeringAmps  , Thank you for taking the time , I 'm glad the music  got the thumbs up from you .

On 11/10/2020 at 8:09 AM, DeeringAmps said:

just so's ya know, I had to sit through 1:02 of ads over ta SoundCloud; man was it Worth It!

HHmmm ...1:02 of ads over ta SoundCloud . I wonder what happened there ? sounds strange . Do I owe you hazard pay for listening under those conditions ? 🤪

On 11/10/2020 at 2:11 PM, Fred's Gratis Scores said:

Liked and followed! Also echo that I whished played like that way back when. Talking Tele's sound reminds me of something Pink Floyd-ish.

Loved all 3. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Fred's Gratis Scores !

I appreciate the like and the following  I plan  on returning  the favor, especially  after  hearing  some of your music .

Talking Tele , Yeah I can see the Pink Floyd - sh comparison  . I was a P .F . fan back in the day when  their music was hitting the charts  ...So yeah , I did listen to them back then for sure ...It  has been decades since I last listened to them ....maybe some of Davids style of playing  got channeled through me while I was soloing .

A funny note regarding my third tune , there are days when I wish I can play like that :P I'm not kidding you , I ate my Wheaties and did my exercises the day of the recording so I was in tip top shape when I played that solo ...

nice talking with you

On 11/11/2020 at 7:03 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

I did quite enjoy your guitar playing - nicely done.  My favorite was "My Talking Tele" - but all three were good.

Hi Douglas Kirby , I'm happy you enjoyed my guitar playing .

Yes I had a real blast playing Talking Tele  . About a week before I posted the song I had bought The Red Tele I used for my playing on that song . I had set the Tele  up , changed my bridge pick up and playing the solos was that Tele's fist run as my Geeetar.... I'm very happy with the results .

thank you for the song listens .

On 11/12/2020 at 12:52 PM, Old Joad said:

Great tone, love the groove...

Thank You Old Joad ! it means a lot

In other New's , I haven't been around much for the past few days because I did another song  and truth be told , I have been sitting on the fence about adding a bonus track to this thread ...

It's not even a question of I want or need the attention  because I'm not even wired that way ...So here's the thing . I'm gonna add it here because I'm not gonna start another thread just for this ...In the past when ever I had multiple songs in The Songs Forum  I simply couldn't handle keeping up with everything ..mine and yours

Escape To Cantaloupe Island is me playing Jazz Guitar and Midi Guitar over the changes to The Jazz Standard Cantaloupe Island ...

If you happen to like some of the Jazz playing I do . This may be a good listen ...Or on the other side of the coin . if you hit the point where  enough is enough ...

I'm OK w that to ...The story behind my music is one of  planting seeds ...The Harvest apparently has always been out of my reach ...someday I hope .

in any event thank you all for being so kind and giving my playing a listen ,it means a lot .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 7:59 AM, David Sprouse said:

Listened to escape to canteloupe island.  Loved the tone and groove.  The hard panning of the Pi-ano took a little to adjust to.    I liked how you doubled the organ and guitar later in the song, satisfying.  Keep it up!

Hi David ,

I'm doing my best to keep this aspect of my playing up .

The track I played over was an Abersold . He sets his song recordings up with the Bass on one side w the Drums and the Piano on the other side of the stereo field with the drums .

When I played over this track it was only for a practice session ..I thought there was merit in my playing  so I decided to post it once I heard how my playing sounded with the added Organ Parts .

Thank you for taking the time to give my playing on Cantaloupe Island a listen . I do appreciate it .

all the best ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz