To Thine Own Self Be Blue , My Talking Tele , and Full Moon Tele Dance

kennywtelejazz

Hello and greetings ,

I thought it may be time to step away from all the social distancing and come back here to the songs forum ...

Here's three playing clips of mine for the price of one ....two  have been done within the past couple of days , one is a little older about two weeks old.

I had posted these in Rain's Telecaster thread and since it was not my thread I started wondering  why not just post them here ...

Yeah I know 3 is little bit much the thing is I feel better putting these up here in my own thread ...in the time line when they were created .

If you feel like listening and commenting cool , if not I am totally OK w that too ...

I'm just looking to share a little slice of my current  Guitar playing  and   Music  with anyone who might want to give it a listen

I hope someone here enjoys my guitar playing !

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 6

Hi cologne , thank you for the song listens .

Hello mark skinner , Yes it's been a while . I have put up new songs and playing clips  for other places . In the last 10 months I haven't created threads here for them ...

The thread you have asked me about is here

thank you for giving my tunes a listen ,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 2

Great stuff, Kenny! Three very different pieces and all of them are going in to my study pile. Personal favorite is "To Thine Own Self Be Blue". You always put together a solid mix with killer guitar tones. You're going to have to talk about how you record one of these days. 

• Like 1

Amazing playing - loved the first and third track.  The third track, I could listen to on loop all day. :) I used to buy mix tapes in Camden Lock of Acid Jazz guitarists or keyboardists, and the third one totally gave me that vibe. Loved it.

My talking Tele didn't quite do it for me though - perhaps the slower tempo didn't fit your playing as well. 

Great work though. ;)

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 2:46 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Kenny - great playing my friend - loved them all

Thanks for posting, made my Sunday

Nigel

Hi Nigel ,

I'm super glad you enjoyed my playing on these 3 tunes . 

I'm also here to let you know your post in this thread  made my Sunday , Monday  and  now Tuesday ...

thank you for the kind word ,

Kenny

On 11/9/2020 at 1:24 PM, ABull said:

Hey Kenny, whenever I have dreams of playing -- I mean really playing -- electric guitar...I sound like you.  Your playing is fantastic, mate.~~Allan.

Hello Alan !

What can I say ?  What you have just said is one of the nicest things I have ever heard said about my electric guitar playing  ...

I hope I can grow into owning it .

all the best,

Kenny

On 11/9/2020 at 3:46 PM, bjornpdx said:

Kenny, I listened to them all and enjoyed them all but I esp liked Talking Tele.
Your playing is really good, but more than that is how expressive you make it sound.  
Your feelings come through loud and clear and that's a beautiful thing.

-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn, thank you for taking the time to listen to my guitar playing and music . I'm very happy you liked my playing on Talking Tele .

I love playing and telling a story when I get out of my own way and let my creativity pilot  the guitar track . I feel so fortunate to have such a creative outlet in the guitar and music .

nice talking with you

Kenny

On 11/9/2020 at 8:23 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Great stuff, Kenny! Three very different pieces and all of them are going in to my study pile. Personal favorite is "To Thine Own Self Be Blue". You always put together a solid mix with killer guitar tones. You're going to have to talk about how you record one of these days. 

Hi Kevin,

What! you have a study pile ?  Some of my playing even made  it there  ....cool beans ....I feel honored ...

Thanks for the kind word on my guitar playing . I keep it simple when I record .

My tone on "To Thine Own Self Be Blue" was exactly how my guitar sounded playing out of one of my amps . Once I played and  recorded my playing in Cakewalk I used a little EQ , ( Pro Chanel ) and Delay Sonitus (sp? ) ..that's it other than editing out  finger board thumps or hiss'y silences  when I 'm not playing 

Maybe sometime in the future I may choose to discus my process in depth .

nice talking with you ,

Kenny