(Not a Deal) Unify v1.2 Update is out

ZincT

This is a BIG update and contains so many new features. It is free for Unify owners...

32 NEW PATCHES that show the cool possibilities with the vocoder in ComboBox, The INSANE fun you can have with Rhythmic Wavesequencing thanks to some updates to PolyBox and MidiBox and even distortion guitar patches using the bundled Swanky Amp audio effect! All patches are programmed by John Lehmkuhl.

Combo Box – new Effect that can be placed in MIDI Effect, Instrument or Audio effect slots that lets you combine ANY of your plug-ins and drag/drop lines to connect MIDI and Audio routing. Super Easy to create vocoders, multi-layer patches, Complex MIDIBox configurations (each note playing a different MIDi file, for example) and more.

MIDIBox now has Polyphonic Transpose! This means you play a single note, cool rhythm in your DAW, save it as a MIDI file, MIDIBox will let you play it with as many notes as you hold down on your keyboard!

PolyBox now has polyphonic playback per note event AND the cycle reset happens with note off events, so we can do Wavesequencing! Because John Lehmkuhl was a member of the voicing team for both the original Korg Wavestation and the recently released Korg Wavestate, this is a very exciting development!! This is just the beginning – more in this direction to come but already groundbreaking because every event can be ANY instrument plug-in you own (AND can have as many audio effects included) and for a first, the timing of the Wavesequence can be created by YOU. Play a unique rhythm, save it as a MIDI File, load it into MIDIBox and now your wavesequence advances by the timing of the MIDI File. Very exciting to bring this in a free update to all Unify owners!

Audio File Player – a new Instrument effect that can play audio files and loop them if desired. Audio files are streamed from HD and can be any length.

Sample Delay – a new Audio effect that can delay Left or Right channel in absolute sample length up to 10,000 samples or 250ms. Bundled plug-in now included:

Resonant DSP’s Swanky Amp dynamic tube amplification effect. We are thrilled to include a new form of amp simulation/distortion with this audio effect. They will soon release a Pro version of Swanky Amp so check their website if you want more information!

There are now 32 real-time Macro Knobs instead of 8 and we’ve added some very helpful copy/paste/swap abilities (to the target parameter list as well!)

And More!!

If you purchased from PluginGuru then get the update from your account on their website.

If you purchased from a 3rd party then get the update from https://www.ilio.com/unify-updates 

Watch out for (at least) one of John Lehmkuhl's livestreams this weekend or check some of his recent livestreams which cover a lot of the new stuff.

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Starise said:

And there's two versions now? I guess I have the basic version.

There's still only one version of Unify plus a demo version.  There was talk of a Pro version, in fact it was mentioned in the last livestream but it sounded like a Pro version might be a very long way off as they keep adding new functionality to the standard version 👍 In fact I got the impression that John seemed less bothered about doing a Pro version but I might be wrong. There was also talk a while back of a paid upgrade for multiple outputs but that seems to have gone quiet lately.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you have any issue with the update?

I wish they had a more automatic update feature. Like a packed file we could just unzip and install. Sounds as if I need to extract a file and put it somewhere.

I'm only concerned because you don't know me......I might not get it right lol.

13 minutes ago, Starise said:

Did you have any issue with the update?

I wish they had a more automatic update feature. Like a packed file we could just unzip and install. Sounds as if I need to extract a file and put it somewhere.

I'm only concerned because you don't know me......I might not get it right lol.

It was very straightforward Starise. You might as well get the latest version 1.2.2 (you should have just received an email with links).

- Download the update zip and unzip it to a folder.

- Run the updater in the folder you created above, follow the prompts etc

- Run Unify and drag and drop the .guru file from the folder you create above onto the Unify UI.

It should rebuild the database and you should be able to search and find all of the new 1.2 patches (e.g.  Arrival - 0 "Welcome to Unify, The Future is Here My friends" - vocoder patch :) ).

unify122.thumb.jpg.78f169c48de19480c5d0220495a1bdd8.jpg

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mesh said:

Unify is fantastic  and have been  playing with this quite a lot lately.  It's set up great for us non-keyboardists and so easy to play. :)

Hey Mesh, yeah it's a lot of fun! You can start with one patch and keep adding layers to build up an immense creation.

I find it an excellent way to stimulate song ideas by just noodling around with a patch, such as this idea I made using one of the new Wavesequencing patches...

Unify_Me_Mixdown.mp3

• Like 3

Good stuff there ZT!!

I'm definitely going to be using this in the song creation process and will check out some more video's on  the inner details/how to use it.  The quality of sounds are simply excellent and very inspirational.   

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Good stuff there ZT!!

I'm definitely going to be using this in the song creation process and will check out some more video's on  the inner details/how to use it.  The quality of sounds are simply excellent and very inspirational.   

If I'm honest I haven't learned how to use it - the presets are so bloomin' good I just select one and press some keys :)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, simon said:

If I'm honest I haven't learned how to use it - the presets are so bloomin' good I just select one and press some keys :)

Damn, you sussed out my methodology 😁 Just keep it between us ok? 🤫

Edited by ZincT
  • Haha 2

I wasn't aware that John has built special free Unify libraries out of some of his Omni libraries.  They are available on your downloads page.

TetraSonics by Tim Dale – brand new library released in July 2020. 256 Patches plus 10 of the 64 Multis plus 27 new Patches by Tim Dale and John Lehmkuhl that combine Unify and TetraSonic’s together for incredible bonus patches.

OmniVerse I: The Beginning – the first patch library for Omnisphere I ever created. Still one of the very best, imo!

OmniVerse II: The Dark Hope – omninous 2nd chapter of this Trilogy about the planet OmniVerse.

OmniVerse III: Aurora – the surprising magical Aurora light that saves the planet. The most cinematic of the 3 and includes bonus comic book and demo song by Amin Bhatia.

OmniChill – Huge Basses, plucky synths, cool BPM patches galore.

MegaMagic PADS – My best seller by far now with Unify Patches. 28 Unique Pads that have 6 samples across the keyboard in both Pad (slow attack) and Synth (fast attack) sample maps. Again – you MUST OWN Omnisphere 2, the VST (VST2) version MUST be known to Unify and this library MUST be installed IN Omnisphere 2 for these patches to work.

ESC Personal Flavours for Omnisphere – 256 Patches, 50 Multis and 45 NEW samples are in this super diverse library for Omnisphere 2.5! Created by 15 world-class programmers (some of them sell patch libraries on their own websites), this is a special library because the programmers made sounds that match their personal passions in sound design and patch making.

Bass Box for Trilian or Omnisphere – With 161 Patches and 110 effect “Rack” presets, there is some serious BANG for the BUCK in this library in the Bass department!

Repro 1 | Repro 5 Power Pack – 128 Patches of Yummy Analog Inspiration – 64 patches for Repro-1 (monophonic with an awesome step sequencer) and 64 patches for Repro-5 (8 voice polyphonic with MASSIVE Unison capabilities) in a single Power Pack.

I just have the Omniverse ones and the MegaMagic Pads.  Looking forward to trying those out after I do the update. 

FUTURE LIBRARY BONUS

We’re working on an incredible library for Spitfire Audio’s BBC Discover Symphony Orchestra. This is a $50 plug-in that comes with 33 instruments (5 string sections, 5 brass, 5 woodwinds plus celeste, harp, glockenspiel, untuned orchestra percussion, timpani and more!). With the Spitfire Audio plug-in you can load 1 section per track…. however, with Unify we can load every section if we wanted into a single huge Patch! These 6 Bonus Patches show just the tip of the iceberg of what we’re working on for this library. With MIDIBox playing MIDI Files we’re going to present sounds you can interact with that will have your head spinning!

DOWNLOAD the BBC DiscoverStation BONUS 6 Patches

https://www.dropbox.com/s/of3bcp849rfivzi/BBC DiscoverStation BONUS.guru?dl=0

3 hours ago, simon said:

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

Damn, you sussed out my methodology 😁 Just keep it between us ok? 🤫

Exactly my experience as well....I get lost in these presets. 

Besides that Horror/Halloween freebie are there any others to download?  

(thanks TTF for that BBC link)

Edited by Mesh

16 hours ago, Mesh said:

Exactly my experience as well....I get lost in these presets. 

Besides that Horror/Halloween freebie are there any others to download?  

(thanks TTF for that BBC link)

Hey Mesh, the best way I have found to keep up with the latest Unify and Unified libraries is to watch the weekly PG livestreams (there were two this week because of the big 1.2 update).  That's where John highlights and often demos completed and upcoming libraries such as the those referred to in TTF's post above. He has been demoing the upcoming BBC Discoverstation (paid, full version of the 6 patch freebie) lately and it does sound amazing. It was the reason they created ComboBox as they needed it to do what they are trying to do in Discoverstation (imagine a single patch which you can play live and it sounds like a full John Williams score!).

Alternatively, you can download them from https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/  - scroll down to see them.

Just to be clear there are:

• Unify Libraries - these are libraries written specifically for Unify. Examples are UniSCREAM, Cloud City, Skippy's Big Bad Beats and Airwave Melodic Techno (this last one needs Unify and Serum).

• Unified libraries - this is where a PG library or 3rd party plugin has had all of its presets replicated in a Unify library so that you can load them directly from within Unify without having to load the plugin, open the UI then select a preset. You need to own the 3rd party plugin! A lot of the PG Omnisphere libraries have already been Unified, thanks in part to a very dedicated end user (Kendall Cochran III) who has converted a vast number on his own, which was what prompted my Omnisphere purchase last week. There are a growing number of these, especially for PluginGuru's libraries (see TTF post) but also for things like MOK Waverazor, Brainworx Knifonium, Synapse Audio Obsession, Eventide Pendulate, Cherry Audio CA2600 and DCO-106. John will often add some z presets to these at the end which are bonus presets that he has crafted (see download link above). If you own PG libraries that have now been Unified the download will be available in your account.

As an aside, I actually created a Unified library for my Kontakt version of PG Megamagic Bells and Winds which Shane (PG's developer) turned into a .guru file for me and was planning to make available to others. However, in the process he discovered that, because Kontakt library presets reference the absolute location of samples, it is not feasible to share a Unified Kontakt library as end users tend to put their Kontakt libraries in different locations. So my example of the Megamagic Bells and Winds library works fine for me but for anyone else, unless they store their Kontakt libraries in "S:\Kontakt Instruments", they would get an error when trying to open a preset from within Unify. Symbolic links also don't fix this problem with Kontakt.

Here's what I have currently installed (FYI I'm using one of the Repro patches for the melody in the noodling MP3 I uploaded)...

1411791351_UnifyLibs.jpg.7ca15651fabdb2ea4ef7a682560c077d.jpg

UPDATE: There's another new update video out today which is worth a look :) ...

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

Thanks ZT for all the details, much appreciated. The only other library I remember getting from PluginGuru is MegaMagic Dreams, but I got it so long that it's not even showing in my account. Still, doesn't look like there's a Unify preset for that. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for more libraries. :ph34r:

Edited by Mesh
  • Like 1