Miles To Go

bjornpdx

Miles To Go

All MIDI.
I'm getting around to finishing some old projects.
I like Bolder Sound Fiddle and Indiginus The Steel. They're fairly easy to get the articulations you want and they sound pretty good too.

Thanks for listening.

NI Sunburst
NI Strummed Acoustic 2
Indiginus The Steel
Bolder Sound Fiddle 2
Addictive Drums
NI Session Strings
Ilya Efimov Modern Bass

• Like 2

Nicely done Bjorn . . . tumbleweeds and fence posts, a very strong American western piece. I like the instruments you've used here, thanks for listing them, it helps to understand how it was created. I've always been a fan of the Indiginus sample library, and especially like how  you've used it here.

Reminiscences of my many long road trips from Vancouver to Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.

• Like 1

Noynekker -  thanks for the comment. I've been to Vancouver and Victoria BC a few times and Quebec. One of these days I'll make it out to Alberta and Saskatchewan which aren't that far from where I live.

Daryl, thanks. I'll take another look at the bass line.

Paul G and Doug, Thanks for listening and commenting

Paul B, thanks. I appreciate the strings suggestion.

Nice vibe - I'm not so into the Session strings though, I'd either take them right down, or add some warmth/reverb. I also agree with what other people said about the bass. It's not sitting well. The bass is distracting. Do you have an acoustic bass? Trilogy had a great sounding upright acoustic bass that would sit better here. Something more natural sounding would be better.

Overall godd vibe though. Reminds me of some of the interlude acoustic parts on early Neil Young albums.

Very nice and relaxing. Easy to listen to. Nice job with the virtual instruments. I do concur on the session strings, they do sound a bit synth-y with all the other acoustic instruments if that's what you were going for. If it were me, I would try giving them some modulation swells and a little movement, but not too much to be distracting.

Nice job!