UVI Synths Anthology 3 Released

cclarry

I can’t get to the website. Seems server is overwhelmed for the moment but found some additional info.

Synth Anthology 3 is on sale for the introductory price of $99 USD/99 EUR through November 11th, 2020. Users of previous versions can upgrade for 49 USD/EUR.

The update comes with 1,000 new presets, 542 new raw waves, an improved FX section with EQ, and an updated arpeggiator section now with Chord and Phrase modes.

Version 3 sees the addition of 55 new hardware synthesizers including vintage analogs like the ARP 2600, Oberheim SEM, and System-100, digital synths like the Novation Peak and Casio VZ-1, and modern classics like the Quantum, One and Sub 37.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

This is one of my favorite UVI products and this sounds like an excellent upgrade for $49.  I look forward to getting on the site.

On another topic, there is usually a UVI 30% off store-wide sale during Black Friday.  

Reid,

Is $49 the usual upgrade price or is it discounted? Do they discount upgrades?

i.e. will the price for the upgrade be cheaper on Black Friday - i.e. $49 less 30%?

6 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I think upgrade prices are available only during intro prices

By the time BF comes along, the normal price will be $149.  So if it is included in a  30% off BF sale, the price will be a little more than the $99 intro price.

But I don't think you will  be able to get the $49 upgrade after this initial offer.

Version 2 is good, but, like Syntronic, I have never used it in anger so I doubt if I will upgrade.

I tend to gravitate to GForce, Arturia, Synthmaster or Waves (particularly Codex) for my synth sounds. I also use Softube and Cherry's modular if I want to get more creative.

Probably what I am saying is I have far too many synths😁

• Like 1

I bought the original Synth Anthology in 2015. One of the UVI upgrades I never made and later regretted was from Synth Anthology to Synth Anthology 2. Now I’m offered an upgrade to Synth Anthology 3 for only $49. I’ve never previously seen UVI offer upgrades for those that doesn’t have the next to last version, so that was a positive surprise. And hopefully an indication for the future.

• Like 1

I played this for a few hours last night and it is incredible. 

There are seriously Omnisphere-worthy  sounds in this thing and I don’t throw those words around.  I spend a ton of time on Omni and know SA2 pretty well too.

This has tons of amazing new sounds, the kind you load and want to keep playing and playing  It’s a big advance over version 2 

There is also a lot of overlap with UVI libraries like their digital modules.  It’s not just pads, leads, arps, etc. —there are some very good digital keys in there too.  Fun sampled sounds from the old days.  I was playing a lot of lush choirs and vox.  

• Thanks 2

Well, despite reservations I went ahead and upgraded. I after an hour or two of noodling agree with Reid that their are a awful lot of great sounds to be had.

All in all I think I will like it better than Syntronic which is similar in concept. Load times are an order of magnitude faster which is a big help on a preset based product such as this. The editing options are not as great as those in Syntronic but the inclusion of the sub oscillator section is a useful addition when editing sounds. In the sub oscillator section you can change waveforms while keeping the envelope and filter setting unchanged. I find the lack of this ability frustrating in Syntronic.

Browsing is always a frustration in synths where in many case patch names are abstract or cryptic.  If you have a clear idea of what you want sometimes its faster to dial in a patch from scratch than to audition countless presets. The upside is you can accidentally find inspiration in an unexpected sound. UVI's browser is as good as most and a  different ways of organizing the menus helps.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

I upgraded from my very old version 1 - wow what a difference and whilst I have only played with it for a short time today, there really are some great sounds in there - and what a nice surprise there was for me - my old Ensoniq VFX went wrong (hardware) and I had to take it to the UK for repair - where of course it still is as I am still stuck in Cape Town. But now I have a very good replacement as there is a nice Ensoniq VFX included with this - bonus as they say!!

Nigel

• Like 1