Jump to content
locrian

Steinberg Cubase 11 (not a deal)

Recommended Posts

So how do I get my Cubase 11 license.  I bought the 10.5 upgrade and never registered it.  Do I put the 10.5 code in the Steinberg site under Register eLicenser / software & Enter Download Access Code?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to register an upgrade by entering the code into the elicenser control manager (Menu: Actions>Enter Activation Code) but it has been failing for hours with an error message indicating that the licensing servers could not be contacted

The Steinberg employees in charge of operating the licensing servers must be having a "fun" day...

On the other hand, a lot of people trying to register the software is probably a good indicator that sales have been healthy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 11:43 AM, pbognar said:

If Artist is getting features which were historically only available in Pro, you have to assume that Pro is enhancing those features to differentiate it from Artist.

NEW IN CUBASE ARTIST 11:
Famous Steinberg 64-bit floating point audio engine with versatile routing and automatic latency compensation
- NEW: Unlimited number of audio (used to be 64), instrument and MIDI tracks (used to be 128), up to 32 physical inputs and outputs
- Suite containing over 70 high-quality VST audio and MIDI effects, including Pitch Correct for correcting vocals, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp, Quadrafuzz and many more
- Complete set of 8 leading instruments - over 2,600 sounds - including HALion Sonic SE 3, Groove Agent SE 5, Padshop 2 and Retrologue (Pro???)
- Huge library with thousands of instrument sounds, sound loops
MIDI and audio sample construction
- Compiler tool to create the perfect version of a recording from multiple takes
- NEW: SpectraLayers One to visualize and clean up your sound or separate vocals from any types of audio data (Pro ????)
- NEW: Tone assistant, chord track and chord pads to compose with scales and chords in a creative and playful way (How might is be enhanced in Pro???)
- Powerful sample editor for all common audio work
- NEW: VariAudio to edit mono audio tracks like notes on a MIDI track, generate automatic harmonization and create auto-tuning effects (Might Pro get the ability to edit POLYPHONIC audio tracks?!?!?!? )

I believe the big winner here is the Artist version.

There are some cool new things in the new version, but I'm a little shocked at how many of the new version 11 features and formerly Pro exclusive features  Artist and Elements are getting - especially VariAudio 3 in Artist - I have to believe they must be working on a Polyphonic VariAudio to differentiate Pro from Artist and Elements.

Despite Artist and Elements getting the Tone Assistant, it's hilarious that Chord Assistant Proximity Mode and Music XML features are limited to Pro.  For someone looking to get into the Cubase ecosystem, Artist looks much more appealing than before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 6:26 AM, cclarry said:

From the Steinberg site:

If you've activated a software license up to 4 or 6 weeks (depending on the product) before
the release of a newer version, you might be entitled for a free Grace Period update.

Has anyone been able to update to version 11 by activating a 10.5 license?  I've had no success after many attempts.

When I enter my activation code into the pop-up box it's correctly recognized. But after clicking the continue button I get the following error message:

"Currently there is no license avaialable which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect a USB-eLicenser which holds an appropriate upgradable license"

I realize that there's a lot of traffic on the Steinberg site, but this seems more like a local rather than network problem.

Edited by locrian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, locrian said:

Has anyone been able to update to version 11 by activating a 10.5 license?  I've had no success after many attempts.

When I enter my activation code into the pop-up box it's correctly recognized. But after clicking the continue button I get the following error message:

"Currently there is no license avaialable which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect a USB-eLicenser which holds an appropriate upgradable license"

I realize that there's a lot of traffic on the Steinberg site, but this seems more like a local rather than network problem.

I registered my 10.5 update, and was immediately upgraded to 11 through the eLicenser Control Center...
Then used the Steinberg Download Assistant to install

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I registered my 10.5 update, and was immediate upgraded to 11 through the eLicenser Control Center...
Then used the Steinberg Download Assistant to install

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll try agian tomorrow. Cheers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I registered my 10.5 update, and was immediately upgraded to 11 through the eLicenser Control Center...
Then used the Steinberg Download Assistant to install

How did you register it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

How did you register it?

It was an activation code...I bought the 10.5 Update when it was on sale for $30...
and once activated, it automatically updated to 11....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It was an activation code...I bought the 10.5 Update when it was on sale for $30...
and once activated, it automatically updated to 11....

Did you do it through elicenser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us unable to update to version 11, I thought I'd share my particulars (in the hope that we can figure out why we cannot update while others can):

- I purchased an 'update' license in July of this year: Cubase Pro 10.5 Update from Cubase Pro 10 ($35.99)

- I have both 10.5 Pro and 11 Pro installed (both function perfectly; I'm using ver 11 in grace-period mode)

- I was able to successfully perform the Maintenance Tasks in eLicenser CC

- When I enter my update activation code into the eLicenser CC, it's recognized correctly; however, after continuing, I receive this error message:

"Currently there is no license avaialable which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect a USB-eLicenser which holds an appropriate upgradable license"

- I have unplugged and re-plugged my eLicenser dongle into my USB hub

- I have rebooted my computer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading this thread I waited.  Then after several attempts, I finally was able to update my Cubase 10 to Cubase 11 Pro (using a 10 to 10.5 update).  I had purchased the 10 to 10.5 update this past summer, but held the activation until 11 came out. 

At first, my eLicenser would not perform its maintenance process.  It took several tries over several hours.  But just now, the eLicenser successfully did its maintenance process.  So, I then entered the 10 to 10.5 update and got a message that said they were updating me to Cubase 11.

Thanks to those who recommended waiting this past Summer.  I think I will do this every year (that is purchase the .5 update, but hold it until the next full update arrives before activation).

 

C2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cclarry said:

It was an activation code...I bought the 10.5 Update when it was on sale for $30...
and once activated, it automatically updated to 11....

How the helldid ya got that price ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Cecelius2 said:

After reading this thread I waited.  Then after several attempts, I finally was able to update my Cubase 10 to Cubase 11 Pro (using a 10 to 10.5 update).  I had purchased the 10 to 10.5 update this past summer, but held the activation until 11 came out. 

At first, my eLicenser would not perform its maintenance process.  It took several tries over several hours.  But just now, the eLicenser successfully did its maintenance process.  So, I then entered the 10 to 10.5 update and got a message that said they were updating me to Cubase 11.

Hmm. I guess Steinberg just doesn't like me. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cecelius2 said:

After reading this thread I waited.  Then after several attempts, I finally was able to update my Cubase 10 to Cubase 11 Pro (using a 10 to 10.5 update).  I had purchased the 10 to 10.5 update this past summer, but held the activation until 11 came out. 

At first, my eLicenser would not perform its maintenance process.  It took several tries over several hours.  But just now, the eLicenser successfully did its maintenance process.  So, I then entered the 10 to 10.5 update and got a message that said they were updating me to Cubase 11.

Thanks to those who recommended waiting this past Summer.  I think I will do this every year (that is purchase the .5 update, but hold it until the next full update arrives before activation).

 

C2

I did it just now without problems.  Activiated my 10.5 license and got 11.0

Seems the overkill of the server is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank said:

I did it just now without problems.  Activiated my 10.5 license and got 11.0

Seems the overkill of the server is over.

Still no luck here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, locrian said:

Still no luck here...

Just tried again now with success!

Initially Cubase Pro 10 license was still shown as "transfer pending" in e-licenser as a result of yesterday's issues. As I already entered the upgrade code yesterday (£30 bought in July and supplied as an Activation Code (8 groups of 4 alphanumeric digits) not a download code), I figured that I just need to get the e-licenser in sync.

So, all I tried was running "online maintenance and synchronization" which it still took an age to do and failed on a couple of stages BUT this time I got a popup saying something about the vendor has upgraded Cubase 10.5 to 11 and now my e-licenser is showing Cubase Pro 11 (which is also shown in my online account).

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Just tried again now with success!

Initially Cubase Pro 10 license was still shown as "transfer pending" in e-licenser as a result of yesterday's issues. As I already entered the upgrade code yesterday (£30 bought in July and supplied as an Activation Code (8 groups of 4 alphanumeric digits) not a download code), I figured that I just need to get the e-licenser in sync.

So, all I tried was running "online maintenance and synchronization" which it still took an age to do and failed on a couple of stages BUT this time I got a popup saying something about the vendor has upgraded Cubase 10.5 to 11 and now my e-licenser is showing Cubase Pro 11 (which is also shown in my online account).

Thanks for providing me with some hope.  Unfortunately, no success yet.  I'll keep trying.  Cheers...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, locrian said:

Thanks for providing me with some hope.  Unfortunately, no success yet.  I'll keep trying.  Cheers...

What does your e-licenser display for Cubase Pro? Mine had a small symbol (yellow exclamation mark?) and transfer pending against it and I think it said Cubase 10.5.  I think that must mean that it had got as far as processing the upgrade and updating me from 10 to 10.5 yesterday, but hadn't yet auto-updated me to 11 which is what it did this morning.

The e-licenser sync was still as slow if not slower than yesterday and I still had 3 stages that failed. I will try to download Cubase 11 at some point to check that all is OK but really I am just updating so that I can sell it at v11 which I cannot do until my USB e-licenser is all as it should be.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...