Steinberg Cubase 11 (not a deal)

locrian

It seems that SpectraLayers ONE 7 actually can be used as a standalone.  Here is the response I just received from Robin Lobel:

" Robin Lobel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Just to be clear, there's only one installer for all 3 editions (Pro/Elements/One).
You can also use One as a standalone, but it's of limited use. Specially if you already own the Pro license.
Pro > Elements > One.
What edition will launch then will be automatically detected depending on what license you have on your computer: if you have a SL Pro license, SL Pro will always launch. If you don't have a SL Pro license, SL will look for a SL Element license. If you don't have a SL Element license, SL will check if you have a Cubase 11 license, and if so it'll launch SL One.

Follow up question : while in theory you could have a separate SL One license, I don't think Steinberg is actually distributing one. Instead, SL One depends on the Cubase 11 license."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomgu said:

The new scale assistant seems cool:

This is why ARA technology is priceless , it akes everything from melodyne and makes it availlable in core app !!

Exellent !!! worth the update alone , any best price found online to do so ?

• Like 1

Just now, Zo said:

Larry if i wait until 11.5 it will be the same price or the more versions , it get highere and higher ? (i don't know the price structure of steinberg yet )

That's what I did...I bought the 10.5 update for like $30...and then waited to register...and got 11 Free...

I'll do the same next time....but Steiny is probably going to get "wise" to these strategy
because so many are using it...and will eventually "end" that ability to do this

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

That's what I did...I bought the 10.5 update for like $30...and then waited to register...and got 11 Free...

I'll do the same next time....but Steiny is probably going to get "wise" to these strategy
because so many are using it...and will eventually "end" that ability to do this

wait you're telling me that going from 10.5 to 11.5 is cheaper than going from 10.5 to 11 ?

1 minute ago, Zo said:

wait you're telling me that going from 10.5 to 11.5 is cheaper than going from 10.5 to 11 ?

NO....I had 10...I bought the 10.5 update when it went on sale for like $30...then registered it
during the grace period to get the FREE upgrade to 11

Just now, cclarry said:

NO....I had 10...I bought the 10.5 update when it went on sale for like $30...then registered it
during the grace period to get the FREE upgrade to 11

yeah got ya , did the same , had 10 and waited to get 10.5 free to register ...question is 10.5 -11.5 same price as 10.5-11 ?