Steinberg Cubase 11 (not a deal)

locrian

If Artist is getting features which were historically only available in Pro, you have to assume that Pro is enhancing those features to differentiate it from Artist.

NEW IN CUBASE ARTIST 11:
Famous Steinberg 64-bit floating point audio engine with versatile routing and automatic latency compensation
- NEW: Unlimited number of audio (used to be 64), instrument and MIDI tracks (used to be 128), up to 32 physical inputs and outputs
- Suite containing over 70 high-quality VST audio and MIDI effects, including Pitch Correct for correcting vocals, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp, Quadrafuzz and many more
- Complete set of 8 leading instruments - over 2,600 sounds - including HALion Sonic SE 3, Groove Agent SE 5, Padshop 2 and Retrologue (Pro???)
- Huge library with thousands of instrument sounds, sound loops
MIDI and audio sample construction
- Compiler tool to create the perfect version of a recording from multiple takes
- NEW: SpectraLayers One to visualize and clean up your sound or separate vocals from any types of audio data (Pro ????)
- NEW: Tone assistant, chord track and chord pads to compose with scales and chords in a creative and playful way (How might is be enhanced in Pro???)
- Powerful sample editor for all common audio work
- NEW: VariAudio to edit mono audio tracks like notes on a MIDI track, generate automatic harmonization and create auto-tuning effects (Might Pro get the ability to edit POLYPHONIC audio tracks?!?!?!? )

Edited by pbognar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I wonder if 11 Pro will Get Spectral Layers Pro since "Artist" gets Spectral Layers One?

I strongly suspect not - I bet it will have the same 'taster' edition.

There will be lots of users (like myself) who have just bought v7 and would be annoyed if they give it away as part of the upgrade.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Would you be annoyed if it is included and then SLv7 ownership entitled you to a discount on the upgrade?

(I don't know if they're planning on anything like that, it's just a speculative question)

Depends on the discount but I think the upgrade price from  10.5 won’t have enough margin for a discount that reflects the cost of SL7.

either way I think there is zero chance that a full version will be in C11pro - it’s not Steinbergs style - ie Halton or groove agent.  They consider that stuff valuable extra revenue. 

• Like 1

yawn...... :)

edit

you know you are getting old when you watch a video like that and think "that big concrete and glass room...no absorbtion....the acoustics must be terrible for mixing"

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought Cubase Pro 9.5 when Sonar was abandoned and later upgraded to 10.5. But the way Cakewalk is constantly being bug-fixed, tweaked and developed (now with articulation maps!) I can’t really see myself spending more money to upgrade something I hardly ever use.

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

And when registering my 10.5 it was upgraded to 11!! YAY!

Thanks for confirming Larry. Was waiting to register mine until I heard from Steinberg that the V11 was out. I will go ahead now. 

Edited by ZincT

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

They want $99 to upgrade my 10.5.  After I crossgraded to Nuendo (I kept my Cubase license) I was kind of thinking I would drop Cubase.  This feature lag between the two is very annoying.  I wish they would ship together.

As Steinberg upgrades available from any retailers?

Or if you wish to keep Cubase semi-up-to-date and save money:  Update it to 11 when they have their update sale.

And then buy only the major-to-.5 version updates (optimally during sales), which are cheaper than the .5-to-major updates, and always wait until the next major (or the following major) version is released before registering, as they always give the latest version when you register it. And then again, buy the update to .5 version, and hold on to it.