FR Oscilloscope.

Kurre

No.   Because....

1)  If you don't need or want it, why have it taking up space in the program?

2) There are plugins that do what you want...and you can pick and choose the one with the features you want...like the one mentioned here:

Edited by RobertWS
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RobertWS said:

No.   Because....

1)  If you don't need or want it, why have it taking up space in the program?

2) There are plugins that do what you want...and you can pick and choose the one with the features you want...

Ok. Can i ask if you belong to those that want a sampler inbuilt?

That also takes up space and added to that CbB already can record and work with samples. Albeit in a more clunky way.

Sooo...make it an addon then?

• 2 weeks later...

An addon oscilloscope/spectrum analyzer should be implemented as a selectable view in an audio track with rightclick menu choices just for that type of work when the view is osc/spezer.

Route the thing to be analyzed to the input and of you go...

3 hours ago, Kurre said:

An addon oscilloscope/spectrum analyzer should be implemented as a selectable view in an audio track with rightclick menu choices just for that type of work when the view is osc/spezer.

Route the thing to be analyzed to the input and of you go...

You've basically described how the FX Bin works today.

• Like 2

:D Looks like i'm still after all this time are living rent free in the head of user905133.

Ok...we do not add anything to our Cakewalk. Because everything is solvable by vst plugin. There...are you all happy now.

And that means of course that adding a sampler is out of the question.

(I don't really know why i'm whining right now? Maybe it's that time of the month? Men can have that too, you know.) :)

4 hours ago, Kurre said:

Ok...we do not add anything to our Cakewalk. Because everything is solvable by vst plugin. There...are you all happy now.

And that means of course that adding a sampler is out of the question.

Something like an oscilloscope ( which I personally have NEVER used in 30 years of making music on computers ) is vastly different to something like an integral sampler.

A built in sampler with a good workflow is a core part of the music making process for many musicians especially in Pop - EDM & Hip Hop which are some of the most popular genres .  An oscilloscope is a diagnostic tool used by a small minority and  much more suited to being a 3rd party plugin for those that want to use one.     

Sonar / Cakewalk went from being one of the most popular DAWs around to being an also ran partly because those making Hip Hop, EDM etc found it easier on other platforms like FL Studio etc. because of the built in sampling capabilities. Not because of a lack of any diagnostic tolls.

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Sonar / Cakewalk went from being one of the most popular DAWs around to being an also ran partly because those making Hip Hop, EDM etc found it easier on other platforms like FL Studio etc. because of the built in sampling capabilities. Not because of a lack of any diagnostic tolls.

Holy sweetwaters! The truth in this! 👑

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 6:12 AM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Something like an oscilloscope ( which I personally have NEVER used in 30 years of making music on computers ) is vastly different to something like an integral sampler.

A built in sampler with a good workflow is a core part of the music making process for many musicians especially in Pop - EDM & Hip Hop which are some of the most popular genres .  An oscilloscope is a diagnostic tool used by a small minority and  much more suited to being a 3rd party plugin for those that want to use one.     

I was saying this same thing a few months ago.. I create many video on youtube showing people the power of Cakewalk but I always have to start with Cakewalk does not have a built in sampler so download this other sampler to get started... It really turns people away that make pop.. Hiphop.. And edm type of tracks and like you said these are the more popular forms of music at this time and a sampler is a must have... I love Cakewalk it was so far ahead i look at other DAWs like Ableton that just got comping in there latest version and Cakewalk has has this 7-8 years ago.. Just my 2 cents..😄

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2020 at 8:58 PM, Xel Ohh said:

I was saying this same thing a few months ago.. I create many video on youtube showing people the power of Cakewalk but I always have to start with Cakewalk does not have a built in sampler so download this other sampler to get started... It really turns people away that make pop.. Hiphop.. And edm type of tracks and like you said these are the more popular forms of music at this time and a sampler is a must have... I love Cakewalk it was so far ahead i look at other DAWs like Ableton that just got comping in there latest version and Cakewalk has has this 7-8 years ago.. Just my 2 cents..😄

FL studio sampler working principle very easy. When you drag sample from browser to empty area FL studio automatically adds sampler and puts sample in it its very easy basically :)  It would be good to be possible for example drag sample press some key in cakewalk and simillar process : )

Edited by solarlux

49 minutes ago, JoseC said:

Wrong too.

This is only America. The world over: It's Hip Hop, though that has change since last year. 

Screenshot_2021-01-22-12-53-59-1.thumb.png.747114875a065f9ef0d0d2c29d751996.png

Today since 2020 Pop Music became the #1 as we're heading back towards the "Disco Era" with music, fusing it with Pop, Hip Hop, EDM, House, Rock and K-Pop.