Sloooow

Mark Withers

Windows 10 has a reputation for taking some time to "settle down," especially in the area of constantly accessing the system drive.

You can help things with Cakewalk by accessing the Windows Security Settings and excluding the folders that Cakewalk uses from being scanned by Windows Defender anti-malware.

On my systems, I exclude my Cakewalk projects, Cakewalk content, and Cakewalk program folders as well as my VST folders. This stops Defender from doing a realtime scan on files accessed from those folders, which it would otherwise do every time you read a file from them.

Other than that, make sure your video and audio drivers are up to date

12 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

You can help things with Cakewalk by accessing the Windows Security Settings and excluding the folders that Cakewalk uses from being scanned by Windows Defender anti-malware.

On my systems, I exclude my Cakewalk projects, Cakewalk content, and Cakewalk program folders as well as my VST folders. This stops Defender from doing a realtime scan on files accessed from those folders, which it would otherwise do every time you read a file from them.

Yes that's my observation too and I would add Waves shell files to it cause they take a substantial amount of time when scanning but I didn't figure out yet which folders exactly to exclude plus they may change them after updating from V11 to V12.

Edited by chris.r