SUGGESTION FOR TRACK VIEW

Robert L. Bryant

Dear Cakewalk Programmers:

Is it possible to add a special feature in the track view of Cakewalk to allow for an empty track?  An empty track without any audio, that can be used to separate specific parts in the composition flow? Allowing color changes and the option to add names to the track could be useful in organizing composition flow. This could be accomplished by a drop down choice named "blank" or "empty" or "separation track"?  I think this would be a very useful addition. Thank You!

Edited by Robert L. Bryant

1 hour ago, Robert L. Bryant said:

Dear Cakewalk Programmers:

Is it possible to add a special feature in the track view of Cakewalk to allow for an empty track?  An empty track without any audio, that can be used to separate specific parts in the composition flow? Allowing color changes and the option to add names to the track could be useful in organizing composition flow. This could be accomplished by a drop down choice named "blank" or "empty" or "separation track"?  I think this would be a very useful addition. Thank You!

Are you talking about something like this? 1762885148_Screenshot(20201104-002737).thumb.jpg.3a2e43e3e80a72c040c73ef2bed753f5.jpg

32 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

A folder only half works. I think the OP wants the background of the track painted as well. So you get a thick red stripe right across the screen.

Lol. The folder is just there. Look at the Aux tracks between. I use my Group Aux tracks as a divider between multiple tracks and obviously color tracks to identify each Group track with that of its tracks. 

Not sure that having a track that's not really a track but serves another function is a smart design choice 

I mean you could insert a track that's barely got anything on it and chop up the clips and name them whatever you like if it helps keep you organised

I just use Folder tracks  and would welcome the oft requested Sub Folders

52 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Not sure that having a track that's not really a track but serves another function is a smart design choice 

I mean you could insert a track that's barely got anything on it and chop up the clips and name them whatever you like if it helps keep you organised

I just use Folder tracks  and would welcome the oft requested Sub Folders

Yep.