ProChannel FX automations not exporting or mixing down

winkpain

I am finding that, when using automation for ProChannel FX parameters, that none of these automated controls have any effect when doing any of the things one would do to commit them to the project, i.e. none of the following:

• freezing the track
  • bouncing to track
  • exporting the track
  • mixdown of the entire project

The automations do however playback as expected before attempting to commit them to a mixdown, but It's as if the automation is being completely ignored during the mixdown. (I of course have Automation Read enabled.)

In testing I find that simply applying the same controls statically applied (without automation) will get committed with a mixdown as intended. AND if I simply copy and paste these same automations into similar FX controls in the FX bin, for example, these also behave as expected in mixdown.

What could be preventing only these ProCh parameters (any that I have tried) from automating in mixdown??

36 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Is it possible you're missing something in the export/bounce options? When I try it on my end, the automation renders correctly when doing a bounce or export. Maybe post a screenshot of the Export Audio dialog?

Thank you, Jason, but I of course checked all that in the beginning. If there is something there that somehow applies only to ProCh. FX during export, tho, I'm not aware of it.

But, to reiterate, it's only ProCh automations that don't get committed in any of the above mentioned operations, not just exporting (i.e. freezing or bouncing the tracks). And automations/envelopes on any non-ProCh effects get applied as expected in all cases.

Export window.JPG

1 minute ago, winkpain said:

But, to reiterate, it's only ProCh automations that don't get committed in any of the above mentioned operations, not just exporting (i.e. freezing or bouncing the tracks). And automations/envelopes on any non-ProCh effects get applied as expected in all cases.

Is it specific to any particular module(s)? Also if you try a simple test automating something in a new project, does that render normally? 

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Is it specific to any particular module(s)? Also if you try a simple test automating something in a new project, does that render normally? 

I did just that! And yes, the problem still persists, and persists in whatever module I've tried it on.

Here is my sample project with envelopes on three modules, for example.

All these modulations playback but will not commit when bouncing/exporting  as mentioned.

ProCh Export TEST.cwp

Just now, Wookiee said:

@winkpain I just download your Test project above the thing that hits me immediately is that the whole Pro Channel is not enabled or turned on.

Breverb 2 is Enabled in the Pro Channel itself, but with out the PC being enabled nothing will be applied.

That's because I had saved it after attempting the freeze the track . Sorry . See above. Try this one.

ProCh Export TEST.cwp

11 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

@winkpain So all you are attempting to apply is 100% dry Reverb.

You do realise that the Reverb is set to 100% dry 0% wet meaning that you will only hear the dry signal no reverb will be applied.

The Console, Compressor and EQ are all disabled.

Look at the envelopes (open up the automation lanes).

The track starts with everything being disabled, then plays through and the envelopes enable the effects, then off again. This is the automation that I am talking about. It plays back, but does not then get committed when bouncing.

1 minute ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

@winkpain I can see what you mean in your project. Looks like SONAR Platinum behaves the same, so this isn't a recent thing, but we'll investigate. Weirdly enough, I was testing with the Concrete Limiter, if I add that with an envelope for the threshold to the track, that still renders correctly even though the other modules don't. 

@Jonathan Sasor  So you're saying that what I am noticing is the same for you? In my test project, for instance?

1 minute ago, winkpain said:

@Jonathan Sasor  So you're saying that what I am noticing is the same for you? In my test project, for instance?

Yeah, I can see it in the project. The one thing that might be tricky is the fact that you're using jumps, but if I replace that with linear curves it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'll see if I can narrow what's going on further. 

7 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

OK I was interested to know if it plays back correctly, have you experimented with freezing the track and then exporting it?  Just so you can get a result.

Yes, I have. Read above. Freezing, bouncing, exporting. I've tried it all.

• Like 1