Izotope Iris 2 FREE at Plugin Boutique

cclarry

Excellent timing, thanks Larry!

I bought this on a deal a few years back and it is working fine on my old PC but on the new one iZotope Portal won't authorise it.
iZotope support has been unable to resolve it but using this free authorization has solved it in an instant 👍

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

19 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Excellent timing, thanks Larry!

I bought this on a deal a few years back and it is working fine on my old PC but on the new one iZotope Portal won't authorise it.
iZotope support has been unable to resolve it but using this free authorization has solved it in an instant 👍

Seems odd, you would think Izotope would see it in your account and with failed attempts to get it to work, just give you a new code/product in the portal which is effectivly what this offer is providing.  

• Like 1

Just now, Brian Walton said:

Seems odd, you would think Izotope would see it in your account and with failed attempts to get it to work, just give you a new code/product in the portal which is effectivly what this offer is providing.  

That's what I thought. It is shown in my account along with all of the other stuff including MPS 3. The other stuff authorizes fine. 

In iZotope Product Portal on the old PC I noticed an asterisk against it. When I hover over the asterisk it says "Authorized, but not registered to logged-in account" but I have only ever had one account with them.  On the new PC it does not show it as an owned product even though I do own it. I think it must be something to do with the iZotope account migration that I recall happening a while back when they updated their website.  iZotope support have sent me what looks like a standard list of things to try which haven't solved the problem and they are now taking their time replying to my "that didn't work" email.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZincT said:

That's what I thought. It is shown in my account along with all of the other stuff including MPS 3. The other stuff authorizes fine. 

In iZotope Product Portal on the old PC I noticed an asterisk against it. When I hover over the asterisk it says "Authorized, but not registered to logged-in account" but I have only ever had one account with them.  On the new PC it does not show it as an owned product even though I do own it. I think it must be something to do with the iZotope account migration that I recall happening a while back when they updated their website.  iZotope support have sent me what looks like a standard list of things to try which haven't solved the problem and they are now taking their time replying to my "that didn't work" email.

I've had some similar issues with Izotope serials not showing up in my online account.  What I did find working was re-adding the serials into the PC version of the portal.  Then they reappear online

They've removed the option to add serials on their website - not quite sure why.  I normally send these to my ilok so I don't have to worry to much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simon said:

I've had some similar issues with Izotope serials not showing up in my online account.  What I did find working was re-adding the serials into the PC version of the portal.  Then they reappear online

They've removed the option to add serials on their website - not quite sure why.  I normally send these to my ilok so I don't have to worry to much.

Unfortunately the serial shows fine in my account but the Portal does not seem to associate it with the same account so when I try re-adding it it just gives an internal error 🤔 For some reason I didn't put the authorisation on my iLok when I installed it on the old PC but that would have probably helped as the iLok is now on the new PC (which reminds me that I have some housekeeping to do with the iLok at some point).

24 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Unfortunately the serial shows fine in my account but the Portal does not seem to associate it with the same account so when I try re-adding it it just gives an internal error 🤔 

🤫 bloomin' computers

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

Oh, I was just about to do the opposite- what’s the story?! @John Maar

Can't speak for John,  but if you have a slow computer I might have 2nd thoughts about it.

As long as you have the space and power to run it, I can't imagine any complaints at all givne the price point.  It might not be the best, but it is one of the "industry standards' for a sound design/production style synth in my mind.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

Oh, I was just about to do the opposite- what’s the story?! @John Maar

If you're going to use it regularly, go ahead. I wasn't, and that's too many GBs of drive space to waste. Plus, I'm getting rid of all the other iZotope stuff I have installed (nothing expensive). Too many issues with too many different plugin scanners. Especially with DDLY.

• Great Idea 1

Got this for free from PB sometime ago. Have found importing my own samples and making weirdness more rewarding than the sounds built in. Not to be sneezed at for a freebie. And you do need a reasonable  rig . Because if you use this as well as some Kontakt, Reaktor libraries. You'll end up giving life support to your pc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1