Slate Drums and Expansions

cclarry

On 11/3/2020 at 8:03 PM, Pluto Gabo said:

Does anyone use a Roland kit (I have the TD-11) with SSD5? Is the hi-hat triggering motion realistic? 

Would like to know to, just bought a td9 to mess around with. Seems like a great price

What's the deal with Best Service? Do they email you the keys or is it a physical product (like a box with a key inside it?)

Edith: I found my answer.

https://www.bestservice.com/shipping_and_payment_options.html

"Downloads and licenses are usually delivered immediately after ordering, or registered in your customer account. If a license is not available or out of stock at short notice, or if the administration of the manufacturer requires manual processing (e.g. upgrades, special bundles etc.), we will inform you in the order confirmation. Our support team is automatically notified and takes care of the process immediately (usually within max. 1 working day)."

Edited by Toffo
Update

1 hour ago, Toffo said:

What's the deal with Best Service? Do they email you the keys or is it a physical product (like a box with a key inside it?)

on the right-hand side of the product page, it should say "Download" for mailed products perhaps? Above the price?

SSD has, or used to have, their own registration system, outside of the slate subscription one but it works out ok.

Not-important story: I had a copy of SSD2 or 3, and it was physical media, a mass-produced DVD but then there was some wording manually written in sharpie, like "Watermark Copy Protection Unique ID 49151X-2622HQWL" and there was a note in the manual saying each disc is uniquely coded. Like, sure thing, Steve :). Was always curious if the file hashes would match everyone else's and that the "watermarking" was snake oil (almost certainly yes) but didn't want to ruin it for them if it was working as casual antipiracy.

• Like 1