Ads In Thread Blocking Posts

Grem

I'm getting ads blocking content, also - usually banners showing up at the bottom of a specific post, obscuring the signature and the bottom part of the posting. Something is not configured properly with the ad tags, I would bet.  I suspect they are only supposed to show up at the top and bottom of the page, and maybe in between the occasional post. 

I'm seeing Ads at the top of page and sometimes the bottom of a specific post.
Some ads are blocking posts. Chrome on Windows 7 in my desktop PC.

1892946844_overrapingads.jpg.4d93968a579172b9950de86d538c103f.jpg

23 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

I suspect they are only supposed to show up at the top and bottom of the page, and maybe in between the occasional post.

Yeah, I think that's correct.

Edited by HIBI

22 minutes ago, abacab said:

Device type/browser used for viewing forum?

I am using FireFox on a Surface Pro going through my cell phone hotspot.

I also see another discussion on the main forum about it. I posted this thread before I went to the main forum. Mostly because I started getting ads as I was viewing posts.

Seeing forum ads in MS Edge and Google Chrome on Windows 10, as well as Chrome on Android.

Adding the free Privacy Badger extension to Chrome on Windows  seems to stop them. Plug and play, no configuration, stops trackers. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/privacy-badger/pkehgijcmpdhfbdbbnkijodmdjhbjlgp?hl=en-US

I have the built-in tracker blocking enabled in Firefox, so I wasn't seeing ads there.

2 minutes ago, bayoubill said:

I hope this isn't the way this forum is going

Well, everyone here is likely to block the ads one way or another.

If the ads persist to annoy, people will leave, and valuable help will go with them.

The kind of support given here is better than any support I've seen on any other website, and is IMHO is vital for Cakewalk's success if it's going to attract new users.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

I am using FireFox on a Surface Pro going through my cell phone hotspot.

I also see another discussion on the main forum about it. I posted this thread before I went to the main forum. Mostly because I started getting ads as I was viewing posts.

The built-in content blocking in Firefox should work if set to block trackers. Else give Privacy Badger extension a shot. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-badger17/

Or other common ad blocker extensions like uBlock Origin or Adblock should do it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

These extensions are also available for Chrome in the Chrome store.

Okay, FireFox it is then...

Regarding the adverts. I know that these places need to get funding somehow and for all of our lives, since the dawn of improved and mass communications, we have been bombarded with adverts. When watching the telly it is usually the time to go have a pee or make a cup of tea.

For some reason, though, we do seem to resent adverts on websites more than ever now. You try to ignore thembut sometimes they seem to be so much in your face. Or they are asking you to check out some Asian dating website. And sometimes they are quite clever and made to look like a download link on a download site and you have to be always on your guard.

I don't see any ads on other DAW user forums but they are on the old CW forum mobile app. Seem to be Google ads. Use non-Google messed with services and you might be OK.

Don't have them on the laptop running IE11 & Chrome with a Metered Connection.