Cherry Audio Arp2600

cclarry

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I guess they cancel each other out...you get first...I get price...LOL🤪

Lol, fair enuf. 

Trouble is I initially thought “nope, don’t need it” then you found Koby’s price and now I’m thinking 🤔 🤣

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, chris.r said:

Based on demos it does sound good. Wondering how is it different from my Korg Odyssey vsti?

The 2600 was a larger, more versatile synth than the Odyssey.  Semi-modular design means all sorts of routing is possible beyond the standard architecture of the Odessey.  One would assume this is the case with the VSTi versions.

Of course if you really want to get down and dirty with patch chords Cherry already has the 2600 for their modular where you can use it with all sorts of other modules.

• Like 2

For those of us who bought these synths in Voltage Modular, we really, really shouldn't be made to pay twice for them, once in Voltage Modular and then as VSTs. I felt really warmly towards Cherry Audio until this happened. Not any longer. I bought the Year Two Collection. We should have been offered at least a 50 per cent discount on price of the VSTs to people who don't own them already. Also, bizarre marketing to see enhanced versions as VSTs outside Voltage Modular. Surely Cherry Audio's own environment should have superior versions? I'm not buying the same synths twice from the same vendor. And I'll think twice about buying synths in Voltage Modular at all if you're going to release enhanced versions as VSTs very shortly afterwards.

42 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Arturia's Arp2600 isn't too shabby either. ;)

True dat. 👆

I tried the demo and although cheap and pretty nice I decided against it as I have it covered in various guises .... VM Module, Arturia, Sonivox TimewARP and the Samples from Mars Kontakt version.  

Edited by ZincT

7 hours ago, musical said:

For those of us who bought these synths in Voltage Modular, we really, really shouldn't be made to pay twice for them, once in Voltage Modular and then as VSTs. I felt really warmly towards Cherry Audio until this happened. Not any longer. I bought the Year Two Collection. We should have been offered at least a 50 per cent discount on price of the VSTs to people who don't own them already. Also, bizarre marketing to see enhanced versions as VSTs outside Voltage Modular. Surely Cherry Audio's own environment should have superior versions? I'm not buying the same synths twice from the same vendor. And I'll think twice about buying synths in Voltage Modular at all if you're going to release enhanced versions as VSTs very shortly afterwards.

Well with Softube you get both the VSTi and the modules, BUT its synths are around 3 to 4 times the price for the VSTi.  I would have quite welcomed a discount to but the VSTi version and it MAY have prompted me to buy, but I am relatively happy to stick with the Modular versions as they give me more versatility.  One will hope for updates to the modular versions in due course.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

• 2 weeks later...

New update to v1.0.20 which include a new "favorites" feature for presets, as well as several fixes.

Update by running the software and selecting Update.

1.0.20 (11/9/2020)

• "Favorites" category added to preset managers. Right-click on preset to add it to Favorites
  • Fixed VST3 host window resizing issue with some Windows DAWs 
  • Fixed high-frequency aliasing artifacts potentially introduced at 44.1 kHz 
  • Fixed preset recall issue in Reason 
  • Fixed Pro Tools automation issue that can cause a freeze 
  • Fixed keyboard shortcuts for zoom
  • Recent preset list persisting properly between sessions, and is shared between instances. 
  • Fixed custom user preset folder location not sticking 
  • Fix for saving preset while QWERTY musical keyboard visible triggering notes
Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1