CbB Hangs when inserting Scheps Omni Channel

MisterGreen

I have been having a problem when inserting Scheps Omni Channel on an audio track. When I try to insert it, Cakewalk hangs with the faded white screen and I get the Cakewalk Application is not responding error and the problem is listed as AppHangB1. It is not isolated to a single project as I can get it to load on some projects but not others. There doesn't seem to be any obvious culprits which would make it work on one but not another.

2 hours ago, Mistergreen said:

I just looked and that option was unchecked.

But the images show two other entries for the Omni channel above the two ones highlighted!?!?

I too am using the Scheps Omni Channel and it is working fine for me with the latest early access and previous versions...

If there is anything I can try for you let me know.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2020 at 9:19 PM, Jacques Boileau said:

But the images show two other entries for the Omni channel above the two ones highlighted!?!?

I too am using the Scheps Omni Channel and it is working fine for me with the latest early access and previous versions...

If there is anything I can try for you let me know.

Yes, in the Plugin Manager, the bottom 2 are the VST2 versions. However, when you go to insert the plugin, both instances are showing as VST3. I have tried to add both versions and they both cause the application to hang. I'm still trying to narrow down why it works in one project and not another. So far, I'm not seeing any obvious similarities.

I don't have any Waves plug-ins but seem to recall in the past mixing Waves VST2 and VST3 plug-ins in the same project causes problems.

Make sure only one format is used in the project.

IIRC, VST3 format was the only supported format starting around X3.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:47 AM, parboo12 said:

I've had issues with Schepps Omni Channel before and what cured it was hitting the reset button from the VST Settings  section in Preferences.

I just tried the reset. This fixed the issue with the VST versions showing incorrectly. Unfortunately, the app hang still occurs.

49 minutes ago, scook said:

I don't have any Waves plug-ins but seem to recall in the past mixing Waves VST2 and VST3 plug-ins in the same project causes problems.

Make sure only one format is used in the project.

IIRC, VST3 format was the only supported format starting around X3.

I just checked in my current project and all of the Waves plugins are VST3. Then I went to an old project that had no plugins at all, and tried to insert a VST3 version of Scheps on a track and it hung. Closed the app, re-launched it, opened that same old project and this time tried the VST2 version. No hang.