Melody In My Mind

Pcode

I'm always taken aback at how clean synth-based track mixes are, a momentary surprise at the start, then I'm into it. Really great lead sounds here! I would have sworn you have an electric slide guitar in there.  Really nice,  smooth and relaxing melody. Great work!

Edited by Kevin Walsh

18 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

I'm always taken aback at how clean synth-based track mixes are, a momentary surprise at the start, then I'm into it. Really great lead sounds here! I would have sworn you have an electric slide guitar in there.  Really nice,  smooth and relaxing melody. Great work!

Thanks for listening, I just listened to this track again, need to make some fixes to the portamento violin voice, timing is of at few points.

Fixed.

Edited by Pcode

I Loved your choice of instruments in this and the "air" surrounding them. I especially liked the violin at the outro , at times it sounded like more of an Arabic bowed instrument. I really liked the tone of it and it could easily produce a haunting sound if played in a minor key.  I very much enjoyed this clean mix and excellent moves in the melody's. Enjoyed it .. mark

On 11/2/2020 at 10:04 AM, mark skinner said:

I Loved your choice of instruments in this and the "air" surrounding them. I especially liked the violin at the outro , at times it sounded like more of an Arabic bowed instrument. I really liked the tone of it and it could easily produce a haunting sound if played in a minor key.  I very much enjoyed this clean mix and excellent moves in the melody's. Enjoyed it .. mark

Actually the violin instrument used is a GUARNERI VIOLIN (it was made in Cremona Italy 17th and 18th centuries) sampled by native instruments, it is one of my new favorite instruments, beautiful realistic portamento. each note is sampled individually, and no pitch shifting.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/cinematic/cremona-quartet

On 11/2/2020 at 1:47 PM, ABull said:

The mix is pristine (see Kevin's comment) -- that synth violin can really sound poignant and you did good work arranging this to bring out that aspect.~~Allan.

Thanks for listening Allan. 

Edited by Pcode

2 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Has a Tina Guo vibe.  I'd like to hear this winding down from a night out.

I don't know who Tina Guo is, but I am going to google her... thanks for listening David...

4 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Mix comes across well on the Adam's pleasant listen, thanks for sharing.

I mix using MR5 (MK2) and then, headphones for a 2nd reference, to check translation. thanks for listening woo...

• Like 1