Solved (thanks!!) Can i buy an ad free forum experience?

Gswitz

I use Privacy Badger but not on my dedicated music computer.  I hate the kind of ads that just pop up in your face.  I HATE those damned things!  When you were a kid your mom probably told you to not interrupt.  I guess these idiots that program these annoying ad programs never had any upbringing.  I just seriously hope they never wind up on the DAW (remember that's free too).  It would make me nuclear to have to wait for a damned commercial to play before I could work on a session!😠

JB😀

These ads are the most intrusive ones that I have ever seen. I'm seeing them on my tablet (Amazon Fire) and my iPhone. On the computer it's just as bad if I use Opera as the browser, but not so bad with Firefox.

On Firefox there are just a couple of low-key (targeted) Google ads, one near the top of the page and one near the bottom. I'm not sure, but I think that those might have been there all along and I hadn't noticed them before.

Should this be a precursor of putting ads in the Cakewalk GUI, then I’d definitely turn to Cubase or Studio One, both of which I bought when things were unclear. And this time I would most definitely never look back.

5 hours ago, HIBI said:

Overlapping to the posts. It's a problem...

1892946844_overrapingads.jpg.4d93968a579172b9950de86d538c103f.jpg

Where is this from?  Is this what some are saying?  Because the resolution is so bad I cannot see which thread this is from but I most certainly did not post the picture shown?  If this is a sign of bad security here I'm afraid I'm not about to hang around and get abuse for having someone change my posts.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cactus Music said:

Where is this from?  Is this what some are saying?  Because the resolution is so bad I cannot see which thread this is from but I most certainly did not post the picture shown?  If this is a sign of bad security here I'm afraid I'm not about to hang around and get abuse for having someone change my posts.  

It's not part of your post. It's a Google ad appearing in the wrong place on top of your post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cactus Music said:

Then the next post was someone saying I sould be banned from the form because of this???  

I'm not seeing ads myself.  

Taken in the context of the previous posts, I assumed the comment was as a joke.

The ads now seemed to have stopped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cactus Music said:

Then the next post was someone saying I sould be banned from the form because of this???  

I'm not seeing ads myself.  

Dude, I'm sorry. That was sarcasm.  Although I did not say banned, I said admonished.

I also said you should get paid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am on windows 7 laptop using Firefox and have never seen any ads at all on this forum and there are none now so I have no idea what you guys are experiencing or where they are coming from.

Correction: There is one at the top of the home forum page and at the top of first level topics, none on posts etc. Don't know if that was there before or is new.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1