How to shorten drum midi notes in PRV?

user390096

My midi drums (new Alesis Strike) for some unknown reason are now producing very long, messy looking, overlapped notes in PVR view.  So, 2 questions:

1. How to shorten midi notes in PRV? I would like them all to be about an 1/8 note.

2. How to prevent this in the first place? I wasn't having this problem with my old Roland TD-10.

Thanx, Frederick

3 hours ago, Johnny Tsao said:

If you want to shorten the length of the note, you can try to use the Event Inspector module in the control bar. You can directly enter the value of the note length, or adjust the note length by percentage.

Here is an introduction about event inspector, you can refer to it

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=4&help=ControlBar.15.html

This youtube video also has related instructions, you can also refer to.

hope it helps you 🙂

And you're not limited to one note, you can select a bunch and apply the change.

Thanx for the quick help. I find that a value of 5 to 7, for all of the notes as produced in event inspector, cleans things up quickly and I can see the faster notes individually.

Still not sure why my Strike is producing very long overlapping notes. I'll try some more tricks and drum maps but at least I can adjust the view now to see what I just played/recorded.

Went into the Strike FX/Midi page of the Voice Mode and found all drums default Gate Time set to 1/16, and Note Off: set to "Sent". Then tried recording and it looks good again,  like it used to,  all notes the same short length.

Hmmm...? I just installed the recent Early Access update before recording drums. I'm on the "3rd" build (2020.10 Early Access 3 (EA3)). Maybe the 2nd version I was using the previous day was messing things up. I know I was hearing my TTS1 making bass guitar? sounds simultaneously with the drum sounds and I didn't didn't see any way the Strike was routed to the midi bass track I had in my project (as well as piano, banjo and guitar). Very strange and nothing I'd ever come across before in about 30 years of using Cakewalk. Maybe that was a glitch fixed in EA3?

Oh well, it seems to work now. Time for bed but I'll see if it still works tomorrow when version 4 is likely to come out. It seems like every day there is a new "Early Access" version. I think I'll stick with this one (EA3) until an "official" version comes out.

Thanx to everybody for your help!

UPDATE: The next day....Still working perfectly after installing EA3.

Edited by user390096