Last Minutes: 100% off Memory-V by IK Multimedia - FREE Download!

Audio Plugin Deals

5 minutes ago, Marat said:

I see in custom shop: expired in 170 days. Is it true? 

It is about download of sound files (~4.7GB). They keep it for you 180 days. After it you cannot download again unless you buy 'Download Reactivation Credit' and then you gain access for next 180 days.

• Like 1

Just downloaded it.

Not very impressed as it's only a few (2 or 3?) uneditable patches for use in syntronic...

Edit

Hmmm... A little editable, but I really don't see the model moog (polymoog?). Only a minimooog

Edit 2

OK... I take all that back... I finally managed to figure it out. I have the memory v installed now and I've discovered a lot more of the syntronic interface. Some decent editing as well as a plethora of rack plugins and such. Lots of patches. I haven't listened to them all yet but probably plenty of basics in there that can be tweaked by the editing.

Now it feels like a very good deal especially as it got me to check the interface more so that I see more value to the syntronic player for it's other sounds as well.

As these all install in the sampletank 3 folder, I'm next gonna look at whether they load work there too. I haven't tried that synth in a very long time...

Edited by Keni

Syntronik instruments work in SampleTank 3. The advantage to that is you can create 16 part multis in ST3, and combine Syntronik instruments with SampleTank and Miroslav instruments, for example.

Make sure that you are running the latest version of SsmpleTank 3 v3.7.3, as  IK did some updates to the ST3 engine for the Syntronik library in ST3 v3.7.0, such as:

• New Channel Strip effect
  • New Ensemble effect
  • Added Oscillator editing on the Edit page
  • Added 6 new analog modeled filters (C-Type low pass, R-Type low pass, O-Type low pass, high pass, band pass and notch)
  • Improved resonance response on M Ladder filters
  • Added Overdrive parameter for all filter types
  • General reliability improvements

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

Syntronik instruments work in SampleTank 3. The advantage to that is you can create 16 part multis in ST3, and combine Syntronik instruments with SampleTank and Miroslav instruments, for example.

Make sure that you are running the latest version of SsmpleTank 3 v3.7.3, as  IK did some updates to the ST3 engine for the Syntronik library in ST3 v3.7.0, such as:

• New Channel Strip effect
  • New Ensemble effect
  • Added Oscillator editing on the Edit page
  • Added 6 new analog modeled filters (C-Type low pass, R-Type low pass, O-Type low pass, high pass, band pass and notch)
  • Improved resonance response on M Ladder filters
  • Added Overdrive parameter for all filter types
  • General reliability improvements

Thanks abacab...

i see it in st3, but for some reason, not even my factory patches will load. This is st3 free so at first I thought that was the problem but then I found none of the factory patches work.

i'll check which version of ST3 I have and update it if available.

sure would be nice to have oscillator access.

Interesting.

I have st3 3.03 and only the grand piano which loads. All the other sounds are from syntronic and won't load so I'm guessing due to being free.

i checked my products on the ik site and found i have st3 custom shop 3.73 there so I'm downloading it as well as all sounds etc.

curious to see where this leads.  🙂

19 minutes ago, Keni said:

Thanks abacab...

i see it in st3, but for some reason, not even my factory patches will load. This is st3 free so at first I thought that was the problem but then I found none of the factory patches work.

i'll check which version of ST3 I have and update it if available.

sure would be nice to have oscillator access.

ST3  free will support the Syntronik content. They upgraded all versions to 3.7.x to make them compatible.

Don't bother getting too excited about  the oscillator editing though, as it is very limited, in that you cannot actually select any oscillators. What they did was give users access to the oscillator functions that are presented in the Syntronik user interface.

But the  new effects and modeled filters are a good upgrade to the ST3 engine. Although it's mostly about the filters, envelopes, and LFO's for editing synth sounds.

While you are at it grab a copy of the 3.7 PDF user manual for details...

Edited by abacab

39 minutes ago, abacab said:

ST3  free will support the Syntronik content. They upgraded all versions to 3.7.x to make them compatible.

Don't bother getting too excited about  the oscillator editing though, as it is very limited, in that you cannot actually select any oscillators. What they did was give users access to the oscillator functions that are presented in the Syntronik user interface.

But the  new effects and modeled filters are a good upgrade to the ST3 engine. Although it's mostly about the filters, envelopes, and LFO's for editing synth sounds.

While you are at it grab a copy of the 3.7 PDF user manual for details...

Yes, I'm seeing that.

Interesting creatures with lots of power and features yet each is seems to lack things for me. Niow that I have the full factory library for st3 maybe I'll use it once in a while. With only the piano I never used it.

Syntronic I might use a little more, but even there... I have a virtual minimoog, obx, as well as many other classic synths so they are far more attractive for me. I get frustrated not having access to "things"...

13 hours ago, Keni said:

Yes, I'm seeing that.

Interesting creatures with lots of power and features yet each is seems to lack things for me. Niow that I have the full factory library for st3 maybe I'll use it once in a while. With only the piano I never used it.

Syntronic I might use a little more, but even there... I have a virtual minimoog, obx, as well as many other classic synths so they are far more attractive for me. I get frustrated not having access to "things"...

Well it was designed for players, rather than sound designers. It is not intended to be a fully modeled emulation of a vintage synth. Arturia , possibly a few others have already done that.

The sound is very good and playable.

The samples came from the real things, and the guy in charge of the sampling was an original designer of the Andromeda hardware synth. 

Plus there is still quite a bit of flexibility in the Syntronik filters, modulations, and FX, if you want to make a sound "yours".  If you look through the preset notes in the browser, there are presets with "raw" oscillators  (saw, pulse, etc.) that you can use for your own sound design, but the only way to get to them is to load a preset. There is just no selector in the edit screen to access them directly. It's a limitation of the SampleTank engine, apparently.

And did I already mention that it sounds good? :D

49 minutes ago, abacab said:

Well it was designed for players, rather than sound designers. It is not intended to be a fully modeled emulation of a vintage synth. Arturia , possibly a few others have already done that.

The sound is very good and playable.

The samples came from the real things, and the guy in charge of the sampling was an original designer of the Andromeda hardware synth. 

Plus there is still quite a bit of flexibility in the Syntronik filters, modulations, and FX, if you want to make a sound "yours".  If you look through the preset notes in the browser, there are presets with "raw" oscillators  (saw, pulse, etc.) that you can use for your own sound design, but the only way to get to them is to load a preset. There is just no selector in the edit screen to access them directly. It's a limitation of the SampleTank engine, apparently.

And did I already mention that it sounds good? :D

Yes... I understand and agree.

I have fun exploring sounds others have created. For all kinds of reasons.

...but these days more often I have something particular in mind and often find it faster to simply create what I want or use a familiar patch close to such, editing it from there. My ear is better than my memory. 🙂

All in all I agree that it sounds good and has many good editable abilities. I'm sure to get some milage out of the memory-v more than the other synths having more fundamental samples to chose from.

It was a bit of a faff to get it set up and working - for some reason it was all there in ST3 but  couldn't figure out how to get the memory v to show up in the actual syntronik UI even thought the "shop" part said it was installed. Gave up in the end and resigned myself to it just being like a sampletank library. Next day I opened the UI and there it was - go figure? Anyway, my verdict is that it's very nice for a freebie, I like the layering and the effects section, but if I was buying something of this ilk I would probably go down the Arturia route rather than Syntronik. Similar to comparing Sampletank and Kontakt to me - not bad, but you'd always know what you should have bought.*

* If it didn't involve NI.