Today is International Women's Day......

paulo

Yea, actually I do, but I pay about as much attention to all this crud as I do to the current "let's have a go at" insert any celebrity name.

E.g. Jackson, Cliff Richard, that film producer whose name I've forgotten, etc.

Frankly, it bores the pants off me.

Now where did they go?

25 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

You're serious?  You don't know who Bill Cosby is?  Maybe you're not American but he's a very popular TV personality and comedian who was busted in recent years by the so called #Metoo movement (man hating feminists, for the most part).  A bunch of women came out after some 30+ years to claim he sexually assaulted them.  Why they waited that long to report a rape is the question of the century.  But they all ganged up on him and as the result of one, he is currently in a PA  (USA) prison for drugging a women in the 1980 to seduce her.  He's 81 years old and legally blind.  It's a controversy whether or not he was fairly tried.  More details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby

😀John B

That's why IMHO "Me too" is the incarnated inquisition (Catholic Church).  And it is not the only thing that reminds me these days of the Middle Ages!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

Yea, actually I do, but I pay about as much attention to all this crud as I do to the current "let's have a go at" insert any celebrity name.

E.g. Jackson, Cliff Richard, that film producer whose name I've forgotten, etc.

Frankly, it bores the pants off me.

Now where did they go?

Well, you should definitely pay close attention to the current situations mentioned in the video I linked, but if you choose to ignore it, it's your funeral, my friend.

😀John B

3 hours ago, marled said:

That's why IMHO "Me too" is the incarnated inquisition (Catholic Church).  And it is not the only thing that reminds me these days of the Middle Ages!

Belief in a flat Earth has become popular again too...  It's the Dark Ages all over again!  🙄

FIFA-Flat-Earth-Trophy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

Well, you should definitely pay close attention to the current situations mentioned in the video I linked, but if you choose to ignore it, it's your funeral, my friend.

😀John B

John,

Look 'dude', I'm 72,  sex is a thing that occurs once a month (if I'm lucky).  😑

Have you heard about old cars that had to be 'hand cranked' to get them started?  Yep, you got the idea.  😯

Even if I'm in the mood the lady in my life HAS to be in agreement otherwise it's all thought and no action!  🤣

Now if she gets an idea ...  🤗

Nah! Let's leave it there, shall we?  🤪

JohnG.

P.S. The bit about "my funeral" was definitely below the belt!

Edited by JohnG

3 hours ago, JohnG said:

John,

Look 'dude', I'm 72,  sex is a thing that occurs once a month (if I'm lucky).  😑

Have you heard about old cars that had to be 'hand cranked' to get them started?  Yep, you got the idea.  😯

Even if I'm in the mood the lady in my life HAS to be in agreement otherwise it's all thought and no action!  🤣

Now if she gets an idea ...  🤗

Nah! Let's leave it there, shall we?  🤪

JohnG.

P.S. The bit about "my funeral" was definitely below the belt!

Sorry.  I didn't know you were so young.😉

13 hours ago, JohnG said:

You'll have to get up early, Grem, to get one up.

I don't know about that. It may break your heart, but you were caught!! Put in the baot, brought home and fired!! : )

8 hours ago, Grem said:

I don't know about that. It may break your heart, but you were caught!! Put in the baot, brought home and fired!! : )

Mimi sifahamu nini wewe na maanisha.

Edited by JohnG

On 3/9/2019 at 2:30 AM, Kenny Wilson said:

I'm glad today's holiday  is almost over .The idea of  my boys hanging up on a wooden plaque at an all woman's  hunting lodge on exhibit  just like a Moose head trophy does not appeal to me at all .

Kenny

I threw up in my mouth a little too, Kenny

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, craigb said:

As a nerd who can recite Pi all the way to the first zero (32 positions)

Do not take this as a personal dig because it isn't, but I've never understood why being able to remember a sequence of numbers is seen by some as making the rememberer special or some kind of indicator of a superior intelligence. Like many people, maybe everyone, I can remember the words to many songs and can instantly "sing" along to something that comes on the radio that I haven't even thought about for years and that's way more than 32 words, but that's just normal remembering stuff, right?

4 hours ago, craigb said:

As a nerd who can recite Pi all the way to the first zero (32 positions), I never miss today! 😀

Or compare it to a virtuoso who can play a complete piano concerto of, say Rachmaninov, without a score, and give a slightly different interpretation every time.

Now how many notes is that? Quite a few I believe. Never taken the trouble to count, I'll start now!  😉

One, two, ...

four hundered and twenty two thousand and seventeen, ...

😉

5 hours ago, JohnG said:

Or compare it to a virtuoso who can play a complete piano concerto of, say Rachmaninov, without a score, and give a slightly different interpretation every time.

Now how many notes is that? Quite a few I believe. Never taken the trouble to count, I'll start now!  😉

One, two, ...

four hundered and twenty two thousand and seventeen, ...

😉

Hmm are you sure you counted right.  Maybe you should do a recount. There might of been a fleck of dust that you thought was a note🙄

Oh! NO.

Rach2.jpg.db3ea1fd7180d5da24f559beb99169f0.jpg

Hang on,

I think you may be right.

One, two ...

P.S. I was only counting the piano notes, not the rest of the orchestra. Is that considered cheating?

Edited by JohnG