2020.10 EA2 Advanced Install [Solved]

Bill Phillips

Question

Why can't I select a VST folder for 2020.10 EA1or2? What do I do to fix it? This is a new problem. I haven't had this problem before that I can recall. I always use Advanced install. My Cakewalk VST2s are all in the folders I selected in the G:\Cakewalk folder.  See GIF below recorded for EA2. I have about 10 VST folders listed most show up in the screenshot below.  The one in G:\cakewalk content- x2\vstplugins was added by the X2 installer when I recently added a couple of X2 VSTs.

3PgEUVa.gif    WzDFe8u.png

Edited by Bill Phillips
Solved

4 answers to this question

The button is disabled because the feature is disabled once the value is set.

This is because the value is shared by all Cakewalk DAWs and CbB.

Changing this value can result in multiple copies of the bundled plug-ins.

Not the catastrophe caused by installing Cakewalk DAWs and CbB on different drives but still not a good idea.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

when you posted the same question in that thread.

Yes. Thanks. I apologize. My problem was that I clearly remember being able to use the browse button for VST plugin locations and I can't now. I also realized, that asking an install question in an update release thread is not a good idea. Changing the registry key solved the problem, but the browse button is still greyed out.

53 minutes ago, scook said:

The button is disabled because the feature is disabled once the value is set.

This is because the value is shared by all Cakewalk DAWs and CbB.

Changing this value can result in multiple copies of the bundled plug-ins.

Not the catastrophe caused by installing Cakewalk DAWs and CbB on different drives but still not a good idea.

Thanks. That makes sense. And I got it fixed until the next time I decide to install an X2 plugin.