CbB with EastWest Symphonic orchestra : differents tracks but still same sound heard

Alcar28

Hi,

I made a small orchestral template with East West symphonic orchestra gold in Cakewalk by Bandlab.

I can't figure out why if I go on many different tracks, I still can only hear the flute sound which is my channel 1 sound.

I checked in the play engine, I set all instruments on a different midi channel, but in Cakewalk I can't see where the midi channel is, maybe it is the problem.

I created another track with another virtual instrument (not EW) and it works, I can read it.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Expand your (track) view by pulling it open from left to right, so you can see all the routing options. Then set the midi instrument track to Play. Then in the next column set the channel to match what you did on Play.

Edited by mdiemer

I went back to my Sonar 8.5, and it works ! (but only in 8.5)

I inserted an instance of Play, loaded just two instruments and on each track of Cakewalk, I can select which MIDI channel I want, and then hear the sound I want.

I still can't find this in Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Here is a screenshot of Sonar 8.5

Thanks

screenshot-sonar85.png

SONAR and CbB offer the same controls in MIDI tracks. While the images in this thread are almost unreadable, it is clear that CbB has a filter applied to the track headers. It is impossible to say if it is due to a lens or this drop down:

Mv3wVuh.png

If a lens is applied try removing ot by setting the lens drop down to None.

If it is the track control drop down, set it to All as shown in the image above.

If you prefer to work with a reduced feature set in the track header, the same controls are in the track inspector.

WRT, the images in this thread...please use an image hosting service like imgur.com and post links to images (like the one in this post). Using imgur.com makes it easy to embed full size images in posts.

Thanks you so much !!! That was the problem, the track control was set to custom and not to all, so I couldn't have the MIDI channel selection available.

Now, back to work !

Thanks again

(But one more thing I have to fix, I'm loosing the sound of my sound card very often, Roland OctaCapture, don't know why, I often have to shut it down then on again, I'm in contact with Roalnd Corp.).