It! Is! A hive!

craigb

They recently caught one of those Asian Hornets near my neighborhood.  Those things give me nightmares!

A friend of mine works for the Swiss firm Baumer and they're supplying sensors that can detect the exact frequency that their wings beat.  Their sensors are now being used to track down the nests throughout Washington.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 2:13 AM, craigb said:

Those things give me nightmares!

'They give me the willies': scientist who vacuumed murder hornets braces for fight

“I was more worried about getting permanent nerve damage in the eye from the squirted venom than being stung,” said Looney*, who wore goggles for the capture. “They are pretty intimidating, even for an inch-and-a-half insect. They are big and loud and I know it would hurt very badly if I get stung. They give me the willies.”

* You'd have to be.

• 2 weeks later...

It! Is! A hive!

ht_beehive_orlando_mm_151022_16x9_1600.j

And this is what the Pink Panther might sound like running for his life after he got stung 500 times on his Pink A$Z for getting the hive all upset at him for using the hive  as a pinata .

Yeah shameless song plug ..I know , At least it's a bump and too me it sort of   sounds a little like The Pink Panther running for his life .. 😜

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

bee-travolta.giftenor.gifSbee-travolta.gif

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother

You're stayin' a hive, stayin' a hive
Feel the city breaking and everybody shaking, people
Stayin' a hive, stayin' a hive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' a hive, stayin' a hive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' a hive

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz