[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2020.10 Early Access 3 [Updated 5-Nov-2020]

Morten Saether

Not related to the EA3 topic on Articulations. In the next release can we make it possible to route the input of Aux tracks to audio tracks please. Currently, we can do it with instrument tracks, but not with audio tracks when samples are used. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

5 hours ago, Jordi said:

About elicenser, the last version i see from steinber web is 12 october: eLicenser Control Center 6.12.4.1276

This version have the same problem for me saving project : Sharing violation.

My Version now is 6.12.5.1277

54 minutes ago, Ervin Pegues said:

I updated and now I'm not able to record. When I start the record function I can see the wave form, but when I'm finished the wave form disappears and there is no audio. I'm a long time Cakewalk user and have never experienced this issue.. Please assist thanks

Can you show us what your record & view options are? I'm personally not seeing any issues, but it may be configuration related:

image.png.4db8087cc9b424f1c75d66bae0c9eaaa.pngimage.png.9cff4be97d425095ac30e809104a7f38.png

I have encountered a bug in PRV when drawing notes (I guess it is connected with the new behaviour change in EA2) .

I press button, drag right, drag left and drag right again, then release button. A note is created, but the starting point jumps a bit backwards.

It does not occur everytime (cca once in 5 cases). I was not able to figure out why. The video is with Snapping ON, but it happens with Snapping OFF too.

Edited by fonolit

16 hours ago, Keni said:

Twice now I posted at the close of thread and received no response to the post.

when attempting to edit volume envelope on parent track (not lane or envelope lane) Switching edit filter to volume makes wav file images disappear with display muted clips unselected.

defeats my reason for editing there.

Ahhh...

Thanks guys.

...with no replies I was beginning to feel as though it might be something here, but now with EA3 this appears to be fixed.

To Morten Saether in reference to the following copied from the 'Early Access 2' thread

On 10/30/2020 at 8:56 AM, Sailor55 said:

It's worse that just closing the Articulation Lane. It also shifts down the midi note I 'touch' from a D5 to an F4. The workspace is set none.

@Sailor55 Does this happen with all projects, or just a specific project? As Noel requested, please send us the project file so we can investigate.

I wonder if this has anything to do with tack focus. Can you open the PRV Track pane (press H or go to View > Show/Hide Track Pane). Does it make a difference if Auto Focus is enabled or disabled? If you have View > Only Show Articulations for Active Track enabled, see if it make a difference when disabled.

I've discovered how to overcome this problem. Maybe it's some kind of initialization issue.  I didn't know about the 'articulation pane options' in the view tab. The only way I'd opened the lane before was by dragging it open under the time ruler. I see there are three options:

Show/Hide Articulations Pane

Only Show Articulations For Active Track

Select Articulation with Time Ruler (this option seems to be checked by default after opening a new project)

After opening a project, if I open the articulation lane by dragging on the time ruler, then I have the problem I described. If, I first select the Show/Hide Articulations option (to show the lane for the first time after opening the project). I don't get the problem any more. Everything seems to work normally after that, no matter what articulation lane view options I subsequently select. - D

19 hours ago, Zirrex said:

Is it possible to do "Crescendo" and "Diminuendo" for CC value with "Slow Curve", "Fast Curve"?

If you think of it, that would be actually a great idea to allow dynamic ranges of CC data within  articulation maps. Like allowing to choose start and end values which will be changing over time within the drawn articulation. Easy drawn , copyable  and scalable pitch bend up/down events, easy velocity fading and so on. Would be cool, goes way beyond articulation switching.

• Great Idea 2

When reordering busses in the track view, if an automation lane is showing the orange move to line is two lanes out of place, if two automation lanes are showing from different busses, the move to orange line is four lanes out of place

Edited by Asif Ali
typo

hey guys,

exiting news to see articulation mapping in cakewalk. from what I've managed to analyse so far, there's a good chance that we can release a lot of artmaps once this version of cakewalk is not an early access version anymore. I have a couple of questions regarding the internal format of artmaps. is there a chance somebody could point me towards a person I can talk to? to those who're not familiar with what we do, we offer a commercial library of more than 6000 templates (expression maps / articulation sets)  for +300 orchestral libraries. 

best, marc (babylonwaves)

• Like 2

[Disregard this post, issue was on my side]

When downloading the Early Access files, is it possible to program the download so it asks me where I want the file to be stored?

Its automatically placing the file in my Download folder. However its creating a New 'Cakewalk' folder in there, instead of using the existing Cakewalk folder I already have in there (so its duplicating my folders, and I like to keep my folder arrays clean and organized. It's better for me if I get to choose where the file is to be stored.

Sincerely,  

Edited by FIP GeBall
Issue fixed, my original folder had a misspell which caused the duplicate.

Playback "stumbles" when changing screensets.

Just noticed this behavior by accident. Playing a simple MIDI only project and changing Screensets causes playback to "stumble" or drop out momentarily. Can't say when this began, but I rolled back to last public release and the same thing occurs. Tried changing the MIDI playback buffers to "1000" with no change. Also experimented with Thread Scheduling models with no success there.

Love the recent updates.......love Cakewalk as always since 1992.

Regards to all the Bakers!

5 hours ago, fonolit said:

I have encountered a bug in PRV when drawing notes (I guess it is connected with the new behaviour change in EA2) .

I press button, drag right, drag left and drag right again, then release button. A note is created, but the starting point jumps a bit backwards.

It does not occur everytime (cca once in 5 cases). I was not able to figure out why. The video is with Snapping ON, but it happens with Snapping OFF too.

Yes its really hard to reproduce. We'll try and fix it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babylonwaves said:

hey guys,

exiting news to see articulation mapping in cakewalk. from what I've managed to analyse so far, there's a good chance that we can release a lot of artmaps once this version of cakewalk is not an early access version anymore. I have a couple of questions regarding the internal format of artmaps. is there a chance somebody could point me towards a person I can talk to? to those who're not familiar with what we do, we offer a commercial library of more than 6000 templates (expression maps / articulation sets)  for +300 orchestral libraries. 

best, marc (babylonwaves)

Hi @babylonwaves, Thanks for stopping by. I'll PM you and we can discuss further. 

• Thanks 1

Re: MIDI transforms in articulation maps

Is anyone getting inconsistent results when trying to transform CC Events using articulation maps.

For instance, say I wish to invert CC11 events.  I believe I would use the following settings.

When I play, nothing happens to any CC11 events.  Also, when I apply the articulation map - nothing changes.

Am I  missing something?

Transform CC11.jpg

8 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Not related to the EA3 topic on Articulations. In the next release can we make it possible to route the input of Aux tracks to audio tracks please. Currently, we can do it with instrument tracks, but not with audio tracks when samples are used. 

This should really be posted in the following forum

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/8-feedback-loop/

Screenshot (5).png

@Ervin Pegues  can you PM me your project file?
Is this a simple audio project or are you recording synth inputs? How many record inputs do you have enabled in preferences - post a screenshot of your audio devices page.

Please also try unchecking Exclude Synth inputs and see if it changes the behavior.
Also try disabling Allow Arm changes and check again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, babylonwaves said:

there's a good chance that we can release a lot of artmaps once this version of cakewalk

Marc,

I was thinking of Art Conductor today as I was pondering strategies for creating Cakewalk artic maps that would support consistent input trigger structures that would in turn support Stream deck, Touchosc, etc.

Glad the BabylonWaves maestro is interested in participating.

• Like 1