Knobs with numbers on them

Starship Krupa

I'm doing my first "for reals" theme with actual global art changes, it will be on its way to public consumption soon.

I would really like to have the pan knobs be like the ones @Adam Compeau did in his AC DA with the C option. Digits in the center of the knob.

That's the only theme I've seen use them. I imagine it was done using a button editor, but I've never used one of those.

I'd swipe Adam's, but they are not quite right for my theme. Also, one swoopy idea I had was for the knob or digits to change in color or shade as you pan to one side or the other. Like the digits would get darker or something. That would provide a very quick assessment of where you're panned.

Hints, suggestions?

The pan knobs on my SI Drum Kit theme have fading colors like you mentioned. 

JknobMan is the app. Java script and has a learning curve to get the most out of it. Takes some time to figure out how it works.

You can make simple knobs or very complex ones, but those can slow down the app to high levels of frustration.

Download some of the knobs on the website and learn how others did it.

One of it's cons is it stops working after so many edits forcing you to save the file, close & reopen the app to continue editing, but the results are often worth it. 

I used it for Slope & Gain knobs for the ProChannel EQ & flyout. It's displayed values aren't always as accurate as they should be, though:

EQ1.jpg.0fddb3f1d7727b4ec1b40b1e15648863.jpg

EQ2.2.jpg.7c2daf6d29393357e8e95ce86d471cdd.jpg

Try 'em out here. (ProChannel.Modules.Knobs.zip)

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Extract files to your HDD and Import them into you theme by right-clicking the item in Theme Editor and selecting Import.

The 3 GAIN modules are larger than the originals so they can't be imported. You must open them in a photo editor through Theme Editor.

1. Open Theme Editor and click Tools.

2. Click Setup Wizard

3. Click Next >

4. Click Next >

5. Select your photo editor and click Next >

6. Click Finish

Open Theme Editor and find the original graphics

1. Double click each one at a time. This will launch your photo editor and open the graphic

2. Open the new graphic in the photo editor

3. Copy the new one into the old one

4. Delete the layer with the old one

5. Save the file

6. In Theme Editor click OK and save the theme with a new name

Theme Editor includes the old gray background graphics. Don't change these as they are no longer used.

To change color, open in a photo editor and adjust the HUE setting.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1