Audiomodern Opacity II

cclarry

Audiomodern just released Opacity II (in addition to Opacity) with 20% intro pricing.
Like all Audiomodern innovative products it's a unique 'boutique' tool containing
a collection of Cinematic Guitar and professional six string performances
for the Native Instruments Kontakt platform.
Discount valid until Dec. 5.
$74.67 at EveryPlugin
http://everyplugin.com/opacity-ii.html

I think these sound great - I can never quite get myself to buy guitar loop instruments though; rightly or wrongly, there's a nagging feeling that there's an element of inflexibility with loops that might hold me back in some way. That said, I'm not a good enough guitarist to play this type of material myself.

Scoring Guitars II was on my list for Black Friday, but I jumped on this instead.  It seems a lot more powerful and customizable and the sounds of Scoring Guitars are overly familiar by now.   The NKS implementation is far superior.  Very clear and helpful. 

I had a lot of points at PluginBoutique so I got it there.

I really haven't bought much since August, but I don't feel like this was a GAS purchase because I was looking for something exactly like this. 

It is true that a lot of AudioModern products regularly go on sale, but not all of them.   The original Opacity is currently $89 base price in the APD shop and I paid about $70 for this.  The original is still on sale everywhere for $99, and I expect that will remain, as it has different performances.

While anything can turn up with a huge markdown in APD or VSTBuzz or elsewhere, it's doubtful that a new product like this will for awhile, particularly when there is a previous version available.  That's the one most likely to be on sale.   In the meantime, I'll have fun with it.  Everything goes on sale eventually, right?   And if I like this, I might pick up the original Opacity too someday.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2