Jump to content
Fret Flintstone

Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

Okay, so if that is the case,  then that pretty much defeats the purpose of upgrading to AT 5 SE for current owners of AT 4 and any associated collections because your collections don't become VIR collections until you move all the way to Max, right? Why can't IKM just come out and say that instead of ***** footing around? So you need to wait for a sale on AT 5 Max so you can get the new revamped versions of the collections you already use and own. I have no interest in getting Satriani or Brian May at this point as I don't use them and have more than enough guitar software in my system. I just want updated collections of what I own if I am spending $100 to $150 for an upgrade.

What the hell is going on here?

Accurate!  You'll get a few new thingies, the new Engine, and the new Interface and features, but all of your V4 Collections
remain V4.  Like I said, the entire thing is just completely ridiculous...BUT...and here's the GREAT BIG TAKE IT UP THE BUT...
You LOSE you Max status, and then will have to PAY MORE later on to upgrade either to AT5, or AT5 Max...or wait for 
Total Studio Max 3...which they'll probably ***** you on AGAIN!

Shysters....plain and simple....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Accurate!  You'll get a few new thingies, the new Engine, and the new Interface and features, but all of your V4 Collections
remain V4.

 

I don't think this is accurate. I believe that if what your saying is correct, then they would be selling different versions of the collections, depending on which version of AT your getting it for. And that doesn't make sense!

A new buyer will buy AT5. Likes it and wants the JH Collection. Do you really think that the JH collection will not allow him to have the 'new and improved' VIR technology? Come on, think about this for a minute.

It has already been said that anything you already own will run on the new engine, Even the SE version!

[edit]

And anything you will buy will run on the new engine.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, AGAIN I shoot myself in the face...

I only had 16 Jampoints, thanx to IK STEALING 8 of them...

I managed to purchase Amplitube 4 FULL, which I already own 2 copies of Amplitube MAX,
AND a copy of Amplitube 4 Deluxe, at Best Service with the WOW20 Coupon, for $80 and I also got SoundIron Luminabells
included in the purchase.  This was $3 LESS than buying the Pre-Order from IK for Amplitube 5 SE
with my 16 Jampoints, AND I got 15 MORE Jampoints in the process!

I hate that I keep giving this company my money....

tenor.gif?riffsid=TlRrd01qRTFNVjloYmc9PT

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grem said:

I don't think this is accurate. I believe that if what your saying is correct, then they would be selling different versions of the collections, depending on which version of AT your getting it for. And that doesn't make sense!

A new buyer will buy AT5. Likes it and wants the JH Collection. Do you really think that the JH collection will not allow him to have the 'new and improved' VIR technology? Come on, think about this for a minute.

It has already been said that anything you already own will run on the new engine, Even the SE version!

[edit]

And anything you will buy will run on the new engine.

YES they WILL run...they will NOT get the upgraded Cabinets, etc of Version 5!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cclarry said:

YES they WILL run...they will NOT get the upgraded Cabinets, etc of Version 5!

 

If you use them in AT5 they will!! It's simple.

 

Good deal you found too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes you believe that it will only happen if you have the MAX designation?

The MAX designation only shows that you have all the products, not what features you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

So, AGAIN I shoot myself in the face...

I only had 16 Jampoints, thanx to IK STEALING 8 of them...

I managed to purchase Amplitube 4 FULL, which I already own 2 copies of Amplitube MAX,
AND a copy of Amplitube 4 Deluxe, at Best Service with the WOW20 Coupon, for $80 and I also got SoundIron Luminabells
included in the purchase.  This was $3 LESS than buying the Pre-Order from IK for Amplitube 5 SE
with my 16 Jampoints, AND I got 15 MORE Jampoints in the process!

I hate that I keep giving this company my money....

tenor.gif?riffsid=TlRrd01qRTFNVjloYmc9PT

So by buying amplitube full at best service you get the upgrade to to regular version of 5? I really have to believe IK works as it does because it wants to inflate its units sold numbers to increase its valuation in an eventual sale.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Grem said:

What makes you believe that it will only happen if you have the MAX designation?

The MAX designation only shows that you have all the products, not what features you have.

I hope you're right.  Peter said that they would RUN, and didn't have to "specifically be upgraded"...he 
didn't say that they would ACTUALLY GET the NEW stuff...

By his wording, it doesn't sound like they get upgraded with the "new stuff", but rather that they would
"RUN"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greg said:

So by buying amplitube full at best service you get the upgrade to to regular version of 5? I really have to believe IK works as it does because it wants to inflate its units sold numbers to increase its valuation in an eventual sale.  

Correct...by buying ANOTHER copy of Amplitube 4, I'll get Amplitube 5 SE, which apparently is all that I need
to run my existing collections, but again, I lose my "Max" designation for not paying the $300, despite having
ALL the collections except Satriani...which is ludicrous...

I hate myself for continuing this sham...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg - +1 to Larry's post but just to emphasize because this isn't the clearest thing ever, AT4 purchases after Oct 15 seem to upgrade to AT5 SE, not AT5 "full."

I believe you'd still register AT4 in your account to get the upgrade but also because AT4 has gear that isn't in AT5SE.  AT5SE seems to basically upgrade the "engine" and maybe refresh the old cabs (edit: refreshed cabs might be an AT5 full thing? will wait to hear/see)  at AT5 full gives you the new gear?

FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1305

Edited by mister_tea
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

They will work in AmplITube 5 and you don't have to pay extra to specifically upgrade them.  Any version of AmpliTube 5 above CS will have full features and run your existing gear.

 

Pete says here "you don't have to SPECIFICALLY upgrade them....and any version above CS has "Full Features" and will "run" them"
so the wording is "vague"....Yes, you'll get all the functions available in the SE version.  The question is will you get the upgraded
cabs, etc for the packs, as you don't have them yet...if you did you WOULD have to specifically UPGRADE THEM to get the new
cabs, etc...blah blah blah...

It's all to dipsy doodle - screw a poodle - nonsense IMO.

If they REALLY did do all that they say that they did YOU WOULD HAVE TO SPECIFICALLY upgrade them as all of the IR's 
would NOT be in your "existing" pack.

Edited by cclarry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it. I also have everything except for satriani. I think the sold downside is that to SE is that there is some new gear not included.  AFAIK The PDFs on the info page (at last look) also include AT4 gear so it’s hard to tell exactly what is new for AT5 that is different between the SE and regular. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greg said:

Got it. I also have everything except for satriani. I think the sold downside is that to SE is that there is some new gear not included.  AFAIK The PDFs on the info page (at last look) also include AT4 gear so it’s hard to tell exactly what is new for AT5 that is different between the SE and regular. 

That's correct...you get less of the NEW gear in SE than you do in the Full Version...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter wrote this on the IK forum. second sentence seems to indicate existing gear will take advantage of the new features   

thread here  

 

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25753&p=108718#p108718
 

If you have AmpliTube 4 MAX and don't have the seven subsequent collections, you'd want AmpliTube 5 MAX. If you have most of them you can get AmpliTube 5 SE for the full features and all you already have will run perfectly in it taking advantage of the new features.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It's all to dipsy doodle - screw a poodle - nonsense IMO.

We can agree 100% on this. They are just not very good at making it clear as far as what's in a latest version, of what ever. ST, AT, TR.

Like I said in an earlier post, I looked around at the info presented and realized that AT5 SE and AT5 have the core features in common. AT5 SE just doesn't have all the new speakers that are available. But it has the VIR tech to make all my old stuff into the new stuff just like AT5.

Matt pointed out that IK doesn't seem to do upgrades. You just get a new license for the new product/version. So if you buy AT4 now, you will get a license for AT5 SE, not an 'upgrade'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

comparing the "what's included" pdf to product pages... I think I'll have one of those crazy-person boards with pins and thread connecting random things by the end of this :) 

AT4 was Marshall-oriented and had 5 amps (plus the free custom shop set): Product page is still up here.
Brit 8000 (5CS), Brit 9000 (5SE), Red Pig (5Full), Brit Silver (5Full) and Brit Valve Pre (5Full), and I think one pedal - Acoustic Sim (5Full)

So if someone new to Amplitube purchases 5SE, they get two of the five amps from AT4. If you get 5Full, you get all five. If you did what Larry did and purchased AT4 and upgraded to 5SE, you would have all these AT4 things.

Then in AT5, there is the VIR stuff, new mixer, new signal path, etc. It looks useful and substantial but I'm ignoring all that and only listing the gear here.
From the "what's included" pdf, all of this gear is only in AT5 Full, and none of it is in AT 5 SE.
Stomps - Sansamp, MXR Dist+
Amps - Archon, Friedman PT-20, Aguilar DB750 + its cab, Bogner XTC, and Diezel VH4
Racks - several effects from t-racks or that mix rack thing they just released
Rooms - bathroom and subway

Refreshed cabs - still unknown. I made an assumption in an earlier post 5SE would upgrade these for your existing models but that was unfounded and might be wrong. We'll wait for clarification? Edit: looks like calrification may have arrived while writing this, thanks Greg

Edited by mister_tea
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...