Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

It's working for me. I'm on my laptop 

Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.685

1920 x 1200

It works on my DAW as well. I'll add that info later. I don't get any audio output on the stand alone version on my laptop or DAW. The app shows output, but it doesn't make it to the interface. My laptop is 9 years old so it's lacking in graphics support - the vst doesn't render in Live 10 on the laptop, but it's fine on my DAW.

Just now, rsinger said:

It's working for me. I'm on my laptop 

Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.685

1920 x 1200

It works on my DAW as well. I'll add that info later. I don't get any audio output on the stand alone version on my laptop or DAW. The app shows output, but it doesn't make it to the interface. My laptop is 9 years old so it's lacking in graphics support - the vst doesn't render in Live 10 on the laptop, but it's fine on my DAW.

I had this same problem and solved it buy just going to settings and "clicking" on the "output setting", at which point sound started
coming through...so might want to give that a try.  For some reason, even though the output setting shows, it's not starting when 
the program is launched in Stand Alone mode

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I had this same problem and solved it buy just going to settings and "clicking" on the "output setting", at which point sound started
coming through...so might want to give that a try.  For some reason, even though the output setting shows, it's not starting when 

Do you mean open the settings menu? I saw your early comment and tried that, but maybe you mean something else?

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I can't even get to that setting. It closes and crashed before it even reaches that window.

I debugged it. its crashing on a dll file.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Hey for those of you with a lot of your own IR libraries, the IR loader in AT5 looks pretty nice. It's honestly what I've been after forever, in terms of an IR loader. Nice simple legible list. Nice!

You know, I TOTALLY overlooked that, having so much fun with VIR.  Could sound even better!  Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 2

well. thanks to this thread. i managed to get it working. i unplugged the external audio interface. started up AT 5, and let it default back to the built in audio card. then plugged the external one back in and switched the output in the settings. now it seems to be working okay. tried a reboot. all seems well. hmm.. so this software is too dumb to figure out the interfaces have changed on it.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

well. thanks to this thread. i managed to get it working. i unplugged the external audio interface. started up AT 5, and let it default back to the built in audio card. then plugged the external one back in and switched the output in the settings. now it seems to be working okay. tried a reboot. all seems well. hmm.. so this software is too dumb to figure out the interfaces have changed on it.

The software is not to dumb, it s italian , it only listens to "la mama!!"  Ciao !!! 

• Haha 2

Hey all,

Through a deal on bestservice.com I am able to get the full AmpliTube 5 Max package for £340 (i.e. around $450). Do you think this is a good deal?

On the IKMultimedia website, it costs around £440 ($640) when tax is added, which is outrageous. £340 seems a more reasonable deal, for someone new to the AmpliTube game. Do you think this price is proportionate to the software you get? Or still a bit too much and worth waiting for some future deal?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Jack Thundercliffe said:

Or still a bit too much and worth waiting for some future deal?

Impossible say if it's worth waiting .....but there will definitely be a future deal.  AT5 is good but I'm not sure I'd want to pay £340 for it.  

I'm sure @cclarry will be along later to say when the best deals will be available based on his years of experience.........

11 minutes ago, Jack Thundercliffe said:

Hey all,

Through a deal on bestservice.com I am able to get the full AmpliTube 5 Max package for £340 (i.e. around $450). Do you think this is a good deal?

On the IKMultimedia website, it costs around £440 ($640) when tax is added, which is outrageous. £340 seems a more reasonable deal, for someone new to the AmpliTube game. Do you think this price is proportionate to the software you get? Or still a bit too much and worth waiting for some future deal?

Thanks!

That question is always relative, and subjective.  If YOU feel that you will get the value out it, then yes, it's worth it.
There is a lot in the Amplitube Max package, and it would be lot more than that to buy the individual products.
Amplitube 5 is definitely a "leap up" from A4...IMO...YMMV....LMNOP

There will always be a "Sale" somewhere down the road.  Decide if YOU feel that it's worth it at this point,
and then DON'T BE UPSET when it goes on sale (unless it's in the next week or so!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

There will always be a "Sale" somewhere down the road.  Decide if YOU feel that it's worth it at this point,
and then DON'T BE UPSET when it goes on sale

Agree with Larry here. What's of value is really up to you. If you have no IK products at all, then maybe you could ease into this with a lesser version. You would still have most of the new features of AT5, just not all the frills of AT5 MAX. Then sit and play that version of AT5 until a sale comes up. It will happen. 

28 minutes ago, Grem said:

Anyone using a Behringer FCB1010 Midi Foot Controller with AT5?

Thinking about getting this.

Not sure,  I still have the original StompIO, which is a very expensive Paper weight of ever since Amplitube 3. 

Hope they'll give it some love, or at least make the firmware open source so it can be reprogrammed.

@Peter - IK Multimedia (hint hint )

• Great Idea 1

I've only installed CS here but it found all my earlier gear and everything is working great right "out of the box"

Just spent my first hour oblivious to the world learning my way around.

I have 3 and 4 and found I usually used 3? Now it will be 5.

Gonna take some getting used to the tuner though... 🙏👽🎸🎶

• Like 1