Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

On 12/19/2020 at 3:51 PM, telecode 101 said:

FWIW.. A little JC-22 will probably blow away both sims. You just can't really use it live. A drummer and bass will wash you out. But good for playing at home.

https://www.roland.com/CA/promos/jc_40_years/

Don't really have room for yet another amplifier right now, yet if I were to buy one, which would you recommend - JC-22 or JC-40? And why?

1 hour ago, Abhijit Singh said:

Thankyou for the help CClarry!

Here are the links on JRRShop.
Amplitube 5
Amplitube 5 Upgrade
Amplitube 5 Max ($499)
Amplitube 5 Max CrossGrade

Really confusing as the Upgrade and Crossgrade reflect the prices on the IK website.
Also when I add Amplitube in Cart from IK it says "Upgrade". I am not eligible for Crossgrade as I don't own any AT4 products.
Probably they mean AT5 Max Upgrade.

Really appreciate the help!

Ok...that way, yes, there are 4 if you are including the "Full Version"...
I was going from the offerings if you already had Amplitube 4....

So, recap..

Amplitube SE is $99
Amplitube FULL upgrade is $149
Amplitube MAX crossgrade is $299
Amplitube MAX Full is $499...

Crossgrade should be from any IK Product $99 or more I believe...

20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Ok...that way, yes, there are 4 if you are including the "Full Version"...
I was going from the offerings if you already had Amplitube 4....

So, recap..

Amplitube SE is $99
Amplitube FULL upgrade is $149
Amplitube MAX crossgrade is $299
Amplitube MAX Full is $499...

Crossgrade should be from any IK Product $99 or more I believe...

Thankyou for taking the tie out and helping @cclarry!

So I finally purchased the AT5 from JRRShop.
It was cheaper as I payed in $ instead of EUR.
AT5 is now there in my products finally. Thanks to the giant leap for mankind that IK took, it took me 2 days to buy the software with cash in card and got AT5 instead of Max. 
I'll see how the UX is before I spend on Max. Right now Upgrade shows me full $299 if I want to upgrade from AT5 to AT5 Max which is stupid as its equivalent to buying a new software and not upgrading.
Hope they get their UX sorted, both web and AT app because it's bad.

Thanks for helping fam and special thanks to master @Zofor the JRR link. 

• Great Idea 2

5 hours ago, Abhijit Singh said:

Thankyou for taking the tie out and helping @cclarry!

So I finally purchased the AT5 from JRRShop.
It was cheaper as I payed in $ instead of EUR.
AT5 is now there in my products finally. Thanks to the giant leap for mankind that IK took, it took me 2 days to buy the software with cash in card and got AT5 instead of Max. 
I'll see how the UX is before I spend on Max. Right now Upgrade shows me full $299 if I want to upgrade from AT5 to AT5 Max which is stupid as its equivalent to buying a new software and not upgrading.
Hope they get their UX sorted, both web and AT app because it's bad.

Thanks for helping fam and special thanks to master @Zofor the JRR link. 

Have fun , it's really a superb release , the more i use it the more i love it ... if IK would have released that like a year agao , i don't think i would have spent so much on 3rd party amps including neural , stl and PA (ampegs) , i think half of those would have been skipped ....

Personnaly i do think limiting option is better and learning well a tool makes a hudeg diffrence, you're good with AT5 , learn it well and get add ons when sales comes (like orange , fender , ampeg ) ect ..it's usually cheap as 49 $ druing heavy sales /... max is also an option but wait until it goes 149 $ (usually tha price even lesss at jrrshop and other shop sometime , Larry will makes us notified as usual !!)

Their UX ? shuuuuttttt don't let Larry start a fire about that lol !!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Don't really have room for yet another amplifier right now, yet if I were to buy one, which would you recommend - JC-22 or JC-40? And why?

Hey , so what's your thougths about this new AT 5 ?  i know like many you're peaky when it comes to ampsim !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Soundwise said:

hard to say. really depends on will you be playing live of not. also, note, i have not actually tried a JC-22. But I did try a JC-40. It sounded amazing  if you are into those tones.

• Like 1

Played with AT5 last night. And I mean I just played. It was just sheer enjoyment. I wasn't switching back and forth between AT4 and AT5, I just started with AT5 and stuck with it. Wasn't really a hard choice either! : )

For some reason last night I was able to get it to record my practice drone I play and then was able to play over that. Several nights ago it wouldn't do that. And it just sounded so good. I mean I must have played that drone for 20 - 30 minutes. All clean tones (well chorus clean!! That Dimebag Doubler is da shizzzt!) I played different variations on the stuff I usually play, just coming up with different phrases. And it was towards the end when I realized that I had been playing so long because I was enjoying myself. I also think that IK must have done something with the input, because it was just responding so pleasingly. That was a major part of my enjoyment, the response I was getting. Just a great feel from an amp sim. (wonder how this is responding with the AXE?)

I could go on about the VR Tech, but let me just say this. I have always played with open cabs. And I was never ever able to get that "openess" of a real cab until now. They nailed it on the open back cabs! 

I played for at least two and a half hours. Mostly playing stuff and just enjoying myself.  I was just trying the AT5 included amps. (Try the Purple Floyd preset, turn off the delay.... love that sound!!)

Well I am just gonna say it, they knock this one out the park. Even with all the BS bugs that I am still experiencing, this is gonna be my go-to amp sim. I was in the camp of "They shouldn't have released it yet". But now I don't care that it has bugs, I am going to use it anyway!!

Great job IK.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Zo said:

Hey , so what's your thougths about this new AT 5 ?  i know like many you're peaky when it comes to ampsim !!

Looks great, sounds different, works occasionally. :DThat's all I can say right now. Not enough time to run a thorough test. I'll be genuinely surprised if this giant leap makes outboard gear, like amps, reampers, load boxes, etc obsolete. I do hope, though, to find that it's the best ampsim on the market today.

2 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I'll be genuinely surprised if this giant leap makes outboard gear, like amps, reampers, load boxes, etc obsolete.

Nothing like pushing air from a amp driven speaker. But the feel/response is getting close. I have tried Universal Audio's Apollo interface that really helps with the amp input, getting that feel. I was really surprised last night that AT5 is a real close second to the UA stuff. And I was just using a cheap Behringer UM2 into my Surface last night running AT5 standalone. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Looks great, sounds different, works occasionally. :DThat's all I can say right now. Not enough time to run a thorough test. I'll be genuinely surprised if this giant leap makes outboard gear, like amps, reampers, load boxes, etc obsolete. I do hope, though, to find that it's the best ampsim on the market today.

Great question , for me it could but i m not a gtr player ... but as a playground its the champion , and as a post prod tools also ... if i was a gtrvplayer i guess uad unison techology and amp'offering is the right choiçe .

Just imagin At 5 going uad with unison for each amp !! Woah ... with the right ilpedance this coukd get us even closer ...

38 minutes ago, Grem said:

Nothing like pushing air from a amp driven speaker. But the feel/response is getting close. I have tried Universal Audio's Apollo interface that really helps with the amp input, getting that feel. I was really surprised last night that AT5 is a real close second to the UA stuff. And I was just using a cheap Behringer UM2 into my Surface last night running AT5 standalone. 

Grem i hear this debate again and again about the cab driver , thing is if people keep using cheap or small monitors , hell yeah it will never be the same , try those amp sim in mains in a big studio or even on stuff like my 2108 (quested) it will drive some serious air !!  

• Like 2

Interesting... I might pick this up one day. I admit I haven't fully followed this thread, so sorry if these questions have already been answered but:

• With previous versions, I could buy any edition and get any missing gear I needed separately as and when needed. Is this the same with AT5? I saw something about VIR that might mean you can't 'upgrade' your editions (CS/SE/Standard/Max) through the custom shop?
  • It looks like the AT5 installer is quite big because of the IRs - are these subject to the 180 day download time limit?

30 minutes ago, antler said:

IRs - are these subject to the 180 day download time limit?

IR’s are a part of the install download, 

32 minutes ago, antler said:

get any missing gear I needed separately as and when needed

Installed as CS before registering my Amp5 license. Yes I could have purchased gear that was not included in the CS version. All versions use the same install. Registering my AT5 serial unlocked all “included” gear. 
Install and check it out. I got the full AT5 license with the IK DI purchase. Built like a tank, not as “bright” as my Little Labs Redeye. I could/would have lived with CS until the “big” sale on AT5 inevitably comes. Long time AmpliTube user, never bought into “Max”. 
HTH

t

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Zo said:

Have fun , it's really a superb release , the more i use it the more i love it ... if IK would have released that like a year agao , i don't think i would have spent so much on 3rd party amps including neural , stl and PA (ampegs) , i think half of those would have been skipped ....

Personnaly i do think limiting option is better and learning well a tool makes a hudeg diffrence, you're good with AT5 , learn it well and get add ons when sales comes (like orange , fender , ampeg ) ect ..it's usually cheap as 49 $ druing heavy sales /... max is also an option but wait until it goes 149 $ (usually tha price even lesss at jrrshop and other shop sometime , Larry will makes us notified as usual !!)

Their UX ? shuuuuttttt don't let Larry start a fire about that lol !!!

So I played with AT5 today and I am loving it!

If you take out the calculator, AT5 Max definitely makes more sense. But then because I wasn't able to purchase from IK Store and JRR website had that written as AT5 Max Crossgrade instead of Upgrade, I couldn't help but think what if something goes wrong and IK is like you got the Crossgrade and not Upgrade.
Since I am a student and earning from working Independently, I took the safer option and went with AT5 Upgrade from JRR.
Also I had this feeling that alright, if you're spending might as well get Max, but then there was gonna be a lot of gear that I'd probably never use.

Like you said Zo, sometimes the lack of excessive variety is better and I am loving what's in AT5.
Love the German 34, VHandcraft 4, Metal Lead V/W, MH-500, American Lead MK3, Red Pig, Miniplex, Brit Valve Pre, Brit Blue Tube 30TB.
Got some nice tones straight without even tweaking the Cab section, can't wait to fine tune my own presets now.
I think I've got a nice playground now and got my favorites for the tone I want to get the job done and not endlessly dragging and dropping.
Coupled with the Fender and Ampeg collections that I already have, there's only little stuff I am missing from Max.
In the future as I get good with AT, DAW and Guitar playing, I'll get max or ENGL, Soldano or Mesa collections but AT5 is still really amazing!

About AT5, there are a few bugs/crashes I experienced and also some gear missing the Green Check Mark in the CS.
But it'll get sorted in the next patch.

Overall, I am really loving this software for what it does/what it costs. (Neural etc are too expensive for me).
I feel really confident that I have one ecosystem for my Guitar tones and don't have to fiddle with 10 different things.

Feeling positive about Cakewalk + AT5 as permanent members in my pipeline and learning some skills to create some nice music now.

• Like 2

looks like it's just been updated - run IKM product manager to update

Changes from version 5.0.0:

General

Fixed Several Audio Routing Problems related to the Standalone version

Fixed an audio routing problem with inputs above the first and second interface channels

Fixed several GUI problems on lower resolution monitors

Fixed blurry artefacts on Rack FX

Fixed an issue on Windows installer which was requesting a reboot after installation

Fixed an issue that was corrupting pedal settings during Drag n Drop

Fixed an issue which caused a possible crash when no IR files were loaded into the Custom IR section

Fixed several inverted parameters on Pedals and Rack FX

Models

Fixed Mono-Stereo Selector for Boston 100 Cabinet

Fixed an issue in the Dime Wah which was not saving the Pedal Value in Presets and Session

Fixed an issue that was corrupting the behavior of the EQ-81 Rack

Improved readability on EQ-81 rack values

Fixed an issue that was corrupting the behavior of the Fender Wah pedal

Fixed an issue that was corrupting the Rack Tape Cassette Behavior

Fixed and issue that was corrupting the Host Sync for: Step Filter, Step Slicer, Seek Wah and Seek Trem

Rack Reverbs parameters Fields now editable

Fixed Discrepancies in theVIR section when loading a Model Presets or Pasting a Model Setting

Fixed Discrepancies about Leslie parameters in Mixer Section and Cabinet's small Mixer

Copy/Paste Cabinet Settings now includes Mic Room settings

Corrected several Model type tags under the gear selector

Improvements

Improved Preset Browsing via UP / DOWN Arrows

Gear Visibility Mode is now stored as a global preference

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3