Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

30 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

I love the new amps, Zo.  Whether they're "accurate" or not will be someone else's opinion but they all have distinct tone and character and respond VERY differently to the same pedal configurations I would normally slap across different amps in something like THU.  It's really cool how different the gain processing can sound between one set of pedals and totally different amps.  I completely agree about Orange amps - they cover 90% of anything I might consider using an amp sim for and sound AT LEAST as good as they did in AT4; they were pretty much the only thing I used if I went to AT4.  The VIR stuff is definitely missing from your demo and probably one of the biggest impact items in the update.  Between the IR options and swapping individual speakers, I have YET to feel like I have to load a 3rd party IR, although that's something I'll get to for A/B comparisons.

The workflow?  Yeah there's part that annoy me but not nearly as much as I found AT4 to be cumbersome.  It's probably also why I'm warming to it quicker; less time spent in AT4 to begin with.  My biggest gripe?  NO UNIVERSAL GATE...gotta search for the pedal.

Thks MArc for the detailed feeback , is the VIR another layer of option or does it change the original sound of the amp versus what's in CS ? what i mean is tha an AMP on CS and SE are the same or even that changes ?

8 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thks MArc for the detailed feeback , is the VIR another layer of option or does it change the original sound of the amp versus what's in CS ? what i mean is tha an AMP on CS and SE are the same or even that changes ?

The amp is the same, Zo, but with VIR/cab section you get the benefit of the new IRs, the positioning options (dual speaker and floor resonance), and the new 3D mic placement.  It's the 3 Gb download doing its job.  I remember there were some similar options in AT4 but all the new IRs and being able to capture the resonance of speakers next to the one you micing are new, I think.  I didn't use AT4 very much before.

1 minute ago, Marc Cormier said:

The amp is the same, Zo, but with VIR/cab section you get the benefit of the new IRs, the positioning options (dual speaker and floor resonance), and the new 3D mic placement.  It's the 3 Gb download doing its job.  I remember there were some similar options in AT4 but all the new IRs and being able to capture the resonance of speakers next to the one you micing are new, I think.  I didn't use AT4 very much before.

Are those "resonnance" really adding something or creating more problems ? 

27 minutes ago, Zo said:

Are those "resonnance" really adding something or creating more problems ? 

No problems in terms of tonal variety, but I have yet to see where or how this impacts where an amp sits in the mix.  Probably won't get to that part of the fun until the weekend, Zo.  Without the added interplay with other speakers or the floor, the more traditional mic placements sound pretty darn good.  If you're a fan of the Orange amps, I would update for those on their own. 

Edited by Marc Cormier

45 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

No problems in terms of tonal variety, but I have yet to see where or how this impacts where an amp sits in the mix.  Probably won't get to that part of the fun until the weekend, Zo.  Without the added interplay with other speakers or the floor, the more traditional mic placements sound pretty darn good.  If you're a fan of the Orange amps, I would update for those on their own. 

Marc , can we choose to de activate the new VIR on taste to avoid CPU hit (i suppose it add cpou cycles ) because i do  find AT5 surpisgnly cool on cpu versus what i expected , kudos to ik for that , it sounds as good if not better versus other actually hyped amp sims but without the need to floor my dsp 

4 hours ago, chris.r said:

just found this

ikcigar1.jpg

ikcigar2.jpg

Red is there, apple is not.  😎

4 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I don't know if this helps, but with my Komplete Audio 6,  I was not getting any sound either.  I use a mic into input 1 (L) and guitar to input 2 (R).  Swapping the inputs on the Audio/Midi settings page worked for me.

Thanks! As mentioned above, I tried all possible options prior to commenting here. Fortunately, Peter has already assured us, that the issue is being fixed. And we can still run AT5 as a plugin.

2 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

I completely agree about Orange amps - they cover 90% of anything I might consider using an amp sim for and sound AT LEAST as good as they did in AT4; they were pretty much the only thing I used if I went to AT4.  

I always thought the Orange levels were wonky in AT4, especially the Thunderverb. Seems like that's all better now! Was definitely one of my complaints.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

I don't think it's optional, Zo - its part of the cab section now.  When you turn off the internal cab feature, there's no discernible reduction in CPU load for the couple of patches I've tried this evening.

Mmm so basically somebody that started projects woith CS will not have the same sound sif he upgrade on project recall ? strange !!

On 11/2/2020 at 7:45 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

CS will have limitations, similar to AmpliTube 4 CS.  Of course it isn't going to have the full VIR™ 600+ IRs per cabinet functionality but will have a more "click and drag" functionality like AT4 CS does and use far fewer IRs per cabinet.  It will however have resizing.  Learned the lesson with T-RackS 5 on that, I made sure that was known to be one of the hills people would die on with regard to CS functionality.  It will load your existing gear, but you can see how there will be a sonic difference since you don't get one of the big parts of the AmpliTube 5 feature set with the limitation of no VIR™ 600+ IRs per cabinet and the AT4 CS-like "click and drag" cab interface.

CS will have the limitation in the VIR™/cab section as stated above.  AmpliTube 5 SE and higher will not.

Here's the detail about versions that carry VIR tech, Zo - CS doesn't, but SE and above does. This brings up a good point about what are the default cabs/IRs in CS??

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fret Flintstone said:

I am using Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre USB and Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre USB on different machines without issue.

yes - as I pointed out it not exclusive.

It depends on the configuration and outputs used too.  

16 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Thanks Peter and the team. Nice to know we'll get it at some point. Cool! 

The Tiny Terror should appear for all now.  You may need to Restore Purchases though.

14 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Here's the detail about versions that carry VIR tech, Zo - CS doesn't, but SE and above does. This brings up a good point about what are the default cabs/IRs in CS??

CS has 16 IR per speaker, using the same tech there as AT4.  So the default would be the AT4 cabinets but you will still have sonic differences since AmpliTube 5 is a complete rewrite including the engine.  Plus the legacy amps are redone, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Looks like you have to buy additional gear even if you have those signature packs from previous versions of AT.   I think I'll stick with AT4 for awhile.'

Anyone have issue with AT5 in Cubase?  It totally crash my system.

Yes I notice this. My signature pack presets  I purchased back in Amplitube 3 or 4,  "Slash" as an example are telling me I need to purchase other items. That is not right? How can that be.

Edited by Mark Stow