Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

Just now, cclarry said:

I had the same issue...all I had to do was click on the output (in settings) like I was going to change it, and 
Ta Da..it worked....pretty strange...but a fix is a fix...

I tried switching between all available driver and device option. No cigar! 😐

1 minute ago, Soundwise said:

I'm a CbB user, so no OS X here. ASIO drivers fro my Scarlett 18i20 Gen3, that perform flawlessly with all other audio related application. W10x64.

focusrite is one of those with issues ..........I'm 99.9999999% certain you're not doing anything wrong

4 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Just installed AT5 CS to see how the new UI looks like and it's great as far as I am concerned. Really love it over AT4, great improvement. Super happy with this new little icon! image.png.1aee3d09b6d35c38fdd218a972f244cd.png I voiced my disappointment before and how I hated seeing gears I didn't own and getting the dreadful message box, etc. Thanks IK, this is nice!

All my collections are there, great! The only thing missing is the free Orange Tiny Terror that was given away a while back. I have grown very found of the little amp, especially since it reminds me of 1 1/2 year old grand daughter every time I read its name 😆, and I am quite disappointed not to see it included.  🤥

@Peter - IK Multimedia Any reason why this nice gift is taken away from us moving to AT5?

The team is aware that some are not seeing the Tiny Terror that was given away.  It should be fixed soon.

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

the new VIR Tech IR Libraries

I'm surprised these didn't make it even larger.  But now I hope I have not jinxed it!

19 minutes ago, Grem said:

What!!?

Reaper!?

They didn't test with Reaper???

It was tested extensively in Reaper.  I wasn't one who specifically tested in Reaper but I did use it a few times in the latest versions of 5.x and 6.x and it worked fine.  I'm sure they'll figure out what's getting "tickled" for those who are having issues with Reaper.

2 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I tried switching between all available driver and device option. No cigar! 😐

This may be related to some reported bugs that were fixed for an upcoming release but I'd suggest reporting your specific issue to the team to make sure it tracks with that.  If not, they'll get it submitted and fixed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

the new VIR Tech IR Libraries

lol so in my case (CS) i's installed but can't be used , is this the place where you can handle more precisly m ovement of mic's ?

I do find the sounds already more "precise" and less resonnant .... and it's the SE version , by the way Fender now includes Princeton amp ? only in AT 5 ? why so ?(not in AT 4) 

Edited by Zo

32 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

This magnificent state-of-the-art piece of software outputs no sound in standalone mode.

Within a DAW I was able to quickly compare it to AT4, and although there is a noticeable difference, it is still unclear which version will get more use.  Gotta test it against various tube amp setups in different contexts. I'll be able to do this no sooner than in 3 weeks.

I don't know if this helps, but with my Komplete Audio 6,  I was not getting any sound either.  I use a mic into input 1 (L) and guitar to input 2 (R).  Swapping the inputs on the Audio/Midi settings page worked for me.

Just now, Magic Russ said:

I don't know if this helps, but with my Komplete Audio 6,  I was not getting any sound either.  I use a mic into input 1 (L) and guitar to input 2 (R).  Swapping the inputs on the Audio/Midi settings page worked for me.

Personnaly , i think that ORange can cover any ground like crazy !!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zo said:

lol so in my case (CS) i's installed but can't be used , is this the place where you can handle more precisly m ovement of mic's ?

I do find the sounds already more "precise" and less resonnant .... and it's the SE version , by the way Fender now includes Princeton amp ? only in AT 5 ? why so ?(not in AT 4) 

So Zo, “more precise and less resonant “ not necessarily good in an amp, no? BTW, does AT5 overwrite AT4 or do we have choice of running in either?

55 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

Within a DAW I was able to quickly compare it to AT4, and although there is a noticeable difference, it is still unclear which version will get more use.  Gotta test it against various tube amp setups in different contexts. I'll be able to do this no sooner than in 3 weeks.

I've done a few compares patch vs patch.  So far I mostly prefer the AT5 version, but there are some exceptions.  For example on the patch, "Back In Red", it sounds fuller in AT5 but has more bite in AT4.  At least using my guitar.

40 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

So Zo, “more precise and less resonant “ not necessarily good in an amp, no? BTW, does AT5 overwrite AT4 or do we have choice of running in either?

It's a great debate , perfect exemple is STL Tones .... a lot of people compare amp sims but in the case of stl tones , their approch is mix ready stuff ...versus sounding exactly like the real deal 

Why i say that ? because no matter what people call natural or what ever , i end up chasing bad resonnance in the mixing process ... so if i can't get it done from start it's great . Usually i can achieve that with mic placemnt and Amp tweak , but on old AT , i had to tweak way more (Mic type , post EQ ect ...) , AT 5 seems that this react more like real life meaning fast moves are enougth to get it sound great witch is a big plus 

NOW , sounds appart , it's really making me sad that IK imho  MISSED to much areas to improve things , SIMPLE things  to enhance workflow ..... in some cases it's even more difficlute than before , and it let me question either beta testing or IK faculty to embraced remarks /request in that stage !!

Simple thing like

1) ok i want stereo , i have to change rotuing , i have to insert same amp copy settings for amps and cab ect ...

2) let's say i want to pan one left on right and handle volumes  : A Simple pan / vol for a whole chain isn't present i have to go in the mixer view witch is reach vioa CAb click , then another click , i have to pan bus then do the same for second chain ect .... REALLY ? is this a scnearios that is so UNCOMMON that nobody at IK said : hey let's propose simple Vol and Pan module to put in chain to handle that ?  Or at least a Rack FX or pedal called utilities or some !!

3) search bar : i typed orange : nothing !! ok let's type , fender : nothing , you know why ? becaus eyou have to type the amp name !!! , come on !!

4) tweaking a preset , let's say i want to change the mic : clcik cabinet , double lciked the mic gui : nope , it would have been to easy !!! click mic on the filter on the right ,..

I know i sound kinda irrated but i know IK , for me it's one of the few brands that have nothing to envy to UA quality wise and much more and i can't understand why Features versus workflow isn't on pair with what we can /must have in 2020 

Why not a simple fader icon beforen and after one amp allows you to reach simple Vol and pan  ... because if i insert for exemple 2 amps with very didfrrent gain staging , increasing input will make one chill and one scream  !!! (yep another common scenario ) 

It's anyway a great update and this is the sadest thing , because it could have kille the competition !!  STL messed up also their last update making easy stuff more complicated .... i recently sold my beloved synthronik , because i was using it , and guess why ? Workflow , having to jump here and there .... was simply a pain , i even didn't decided to not using , the process made itself to me without any cosnciousness each time i needed this or that it was anything but Synthronik  ... SAD 

Still , like AT 4 , it's gonna be my playground for complex sound design , but in a hurry scenario , during creatif dense process , pretty sure i'm gonna load Neurald dsp , and for bass a dedicated stuff l ....

Edited by Zo

38 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Shorten it to iCig and we can keep it broad... Cigars, cigarettes, etc.  I seem to recall an old Flintstones cartoon where either Wilma or Betty was selling them saying "Cigar?... Cigarette?" but I could be imagining it.

You're not imagining it...it was a take off from the "Cigars, Cigarettes, Tiparellos" thing 

• Like 3

Ampeg sounds sweeeeeeet .... so far impressed by the sound  certainly would have made me spend less in other amp sims lol 

Still not so happy with inteface , but i'm trying to not be biased by it and keep testing  , what's up with new amps ?really that good ? Didn't tried those yet 

• Like 1

I love the new amps, Zo.  Whether they're "accurate" or not will be someone else's opinion but they all have distinct tone and character and respond VERY differently to the same pedal configurations I would normally slap across different amps in something like THU.  It's really cool how different the gain processing can sound between one set of pedals and totally different amps.  I completely agree about Orange amps - they cover 90% of anything I might consider using an amp sim for and sound AT LEAST as good as they did in AT4; they were pretty much the only thing I used if I went to AT4.  The VIR stuff is definitely missing from your demo and probably one of the biggest impact items in the update.  Between the IR options and swapping individual speakers, I have YET to feel like I have to load a 3rd party IR, although that's something I'll get to for A/B comparisons.

The workflow?  Yeah there's part that annoy me but not nearly as much as I found AT4 to be cumbersome.  It's probably also why I'm warming to it quicker; less time spent in AT4 to begin with.  My biggest gripe?  NO UNIVERSAL GATE...gotta search for the pedal.

Edited by Marc Cormier