Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

3 minutes ago, jgarland said:

Major problems.

Give it some time, they'll sort it out. I've also discovered a few bugs, but this is a major release and no amount of in-house testing will replicate all the scenarios in which it was used over the past 24 hours alone. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, John K said:

In reply to Brian Walton's suggestion on increasing the screen resolution.

This worked, thank you. Set the screen to 1920 x 1080 and Amp 5 launches. Slow but it comes up

Now to see if I can get sounds from it.

This is definitely a deal breaker for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Rocky

18 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Are you on a laptop?   If you plugin an external monitor and run at 1920x1080 resoltuion it might work.

It seems like they have a design flaw that won't let it run on a 1366x768 resolution monitor which is standard for any business class Lenovo Laptop made in the preivous 10 years.

Same issue here but a LCTV.   You couldn't get AT4 to fully display either.

The folks over on the IK forum are now aware of the resolution problem. 1920 rez on a computer screen is a bit tough on my failing eyesight. It looks like help is on the way though.

Those wanting to test it out if you run into this problem could possibly as suggested, plug the computer via HDMI or such to a TV where the higher resolution can be set. Can say so far that the amps are more responsive to touch than in Amp 4.

edit...  Just saw Paul's response.  Is the TV able to get the 1920 x 1080 resolution? Question then if the computer resolution takes priority over the TV.

Edited by John K

I'm gonna take a guess here - and this is not a criticism of the developers - the pressure to get this out was too high.  I don't think they had the breadth of beta testers they should have.   Only working at specific screen resolution should have been picked up very early.  

For me, ASIO drivers don't work (and I'm not the only one).  I'm sure they are going to fix this stuff fairly quickly but this should shouldn't have happened.   Peter is going to come on here and say how amazing the launch and the response was but that's his job.

They announced too early - and got caught out.  They wanted to capture some Black Friday sales, and pre Christmas sales...so they let stuff go when they shouldn't have.  It was rushed.

Just my opinion of course and IKM aren't the only ones guilty of this.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, simon said:

ASIO drivers don't work (and I'm not the only one).  I'm sure they are going to fix this stuff fairly quickly but this should shouldn't have happened. 

ASIO with Universal Audio works here. I did find some bugs too. They should setup a place to deliver these bug reports so all this can be condensed into a few releases.

As far as the sound goes, I saw where someone posted tha the old amps sounded better. So I reached for one of my favs, the American Clean which is modled on a Mesa Mk I. Sounded great to me. And this was on my studio monitors. The reverb on this thing sounded fantastic. I thought a digtial delay was in there somewhere. But nope, it was the spring reverb on the Boogie. Sounded really good. Clean was really punchy, a lot like my Boogie Mk IV. Very good.

Found a bug in a EQ module. The Pultec clone. I forget what IK calls it, but it distorts heavily just when inserted. No other EQ module does this. There were a couple of other things I found. Oh yeah, it crashes Cakewalk when I insert in on my Surface Pro. Stand Alone on Surface works!! Go figure.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Grem said:

ASIO with Universal Audio works here. I did find some bugs too. They should setup a place to deliver these bug reports so all this can be condensed into a few releases

I have no problem at all with the sound of it - a giant leap forward from AT4

The ASIO issue seems to be with specific drivers...although when I was testing I found a  bug with AT4 ASIO too. Only affects standalone use.

If you find a bug then you need to go via their online contact form - which they make a clumsy as possible (IKM - putting musicians first!).  It's worth doing though - they may already know about the issue but they won't fix what they don't know about.  

Looks like they have 99% fixed the other issue with AT4 total max users not getting the correct stuff in their online account.....they just needed another week ....but christmas etc...

1 hour ago, John K said:

The folks over on the IK forum are now aware of the resolution problem. 1920 rez on a computer screen is a bit tough on my failing eyesight. It looks like help is on the way though.

Those wanting to test it out if you run into this problem could possibly as suggested, plug the computer via HDMI or such to a TV where the higher resolution can be set. Can say so far that the amps are more responsive to touch than in Amp 4.

edit...  Just saw Paul's response.  Is the TV able to get the 1920 x 1080 resolution? Question then if the computer resolution takes priority over the TV.

They only way it opened up was changing to 1280.  Max resolution for the 32inch TV was 1366x768.

BTW  AT5 seems to work in most DAWs except Reaper.

Edited by Paul Young

This magnificent state-of-the-art piece of software outputs no sound in standalone mode.

Within a DAW I was able to quickly compare it to AT4, and although there is a noticeable difference, it is still unclear which version will get more use.  Gotta test it against various tube amp setups in different contexts. I'll be able to do this no sooner than in 3 weeks.

12 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

This magnificent state-of-the-art piece of software outputs no sound in standalone mode.

Within a DAW I was able to quickly compare it to AT4, and although there is a noticeable difference, it is still unclear which version will get more use.  Gotta test it against various tube amp setups in different contexts. I'll be able to do this no sooner than in 3 weeks.

what is the audio  driver you using? check outputs. works fine on OS X with core audio.

15 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I had the same issue...all I had to do was click on the output (in settings) like I was going to change it, and 
Ta Da..it worked....pretty strange...but a fix is a fix...

• Like 1

Just now, telecode 101 said:

what is the audio  driver you using? check outputs. works fine on OS X with core audio.

I'm a CbB user, so no OS X here. ASIO drivers fro my Scarlett 18i20 Gen3, that perform flawlessly with all other audio related application. W10x64.