Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

Just tried again and it does actually switch over to the new preset okay it's just the display that lags a bit.

Some very nice presets and I have to admit that the UI is a big improvement on AT4.

Also, the preset switching with the AXE IO knob works ok (as per AT4).

Odd on the lag, not seeing such a lag but running with an overkill RTX2080 here, I should turn on the FPS monitor and see what I'm getting :) 

Also, I should remember to use that knob more often!  I tend to forget to reach for it as much as I should.

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

You're first mistake was making it public.  They monitor this forum. 

Had nothing to do with that, this is the first time I've been here today.  There was a small glitch in the communication with the authorization server though and that was fixed early this morning so authorization/gear should all be working since then.

Glad people are enjoying AmpliTube 5, it really is a step up.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Brian Cadoret said:

Other than all the bells and whistles in AT5 does it actually sound any better than AT4.

I've got the Fender packs which I've compared in AT5 and don't notice any sonic difference.

To be honest I'm not struck on the new GUI so unless there are  hidden benefits I'm in no hurry to move over.

What say you.

That's highly subjective. To my ears, it sounds more hard rock/metal-ish than AT 4 does.  I think I prefer my  Fender sims  more mid rangey as they sound in AT 4. I still need to play around with the new AT. Its too early to tell. The GUI is really good though. Drag and drop of FX is very useful.

Edited by telecode 101

2 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

That's highly subjective. To my ears, it sounds more hard rock/metal-ish than AT 4 does.  I think I prefer my  Fender sims  more mid rangey as they sound in AT 4. I still need to play around with the new AT. Its too early to tell. The GUI is really good though. Drag and drop of FX is very useful.

no way to have them sound the same ? (have you tried to their cabinet options (to minimise thoses) 

13 minutes ago, Zo said:

no way to have them sound the same ? (have you tried to their cabinet options (to minimise thoses) 

i did some tests this morning and posted results. it was same amp pretty much just different AT engine. it sounds very different.

i will try again with a preset as I hear from other forums the presets from AT 4 should be convertable on AT 5.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Great Idea 1

can anybody check a couple of things for me before I log a ticket with IKM ?

Standalone - always boots up with the 'settings' screen  -  you have to cancel to continue.

VIR edit - there are 3 little controls on the bottom of the VIR screen - middle one 'spins' the mic - right hand one 'locks' to an  IR - left hand one changes speaker.  For me the speaker change one does nothing ? and the right-hand one may well lock the IR to the nearest IR but doesn't seem to reflect this in the display ?

(windows 10)

thanking you :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, simon said:

can anybody check a couple of things for me before I log a ticket with IKM ?

Standalone - always boots up with the 'settings' screen  -  you have to cancel to continue.

VIR edit - there are 3 little controls on the bottom of the VIR screen - middle one 'spins' the mic - right hand one 'locks' to an  IR - left hand one changes speaker.  For me the speaker change one does nothing ? and the right-hand one may well lock the IR to the nearest IR but doesn't seem to reflect this in the display ?

(windows 10)

thanking you :)

Yes, mine also always loads the setting screen on the Audio/MIDI panel (all seems to be selected correctly).

The speaker change works for me but it probably depends on the cab you have selected? If it's a 4 x 12 then you can move from the top to the bottom speaker and vice versa. I think the orange arrow indicates which one you have selected.

I'm not really sure what the lock IR is doing as it turns orange but I don't see anything happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Yes, mine also always loads the setting screen on the Audio/MIDI panel (all seems to be selected correctly).

The speaker change works for me but it probably depends on the cab you have selected? If it's a 4 x 12 then you can move from the top to the bottom speaker and vice versa. I think the orange arrow indicates which one you have selected.

I'm not really sure what the lock IR is doing as it turns orange but I don't see anything happen.

thanks for that.......I totally misunderstood the speaker change - was on a 1 x 12 and assume it meant change the speaker to another model ...doh !

The IR lock buttons locks the mic placement to an actual 'measured' IR - There are only a few IRs and it interpolates between them.  Quality 'should' (?) be better if you use the lock - thought it 'might' move the graphic to reflect the fact the position has changed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, simon said:

The IR lock buttons locks the mic placement to an actual 'measured' IR - There are only a few IRs and it interpolates between them.  Quality 'should' (?) be better if you use the lock - thought it 'might' move the graphic to reflect the fact the position has changed.

I see thanks Simon.

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

I don't like the custom shop no longer allows you to select "owned" and "not purchased"...
I KNOW that the Green Check mark tells you what you own, but you have to go through

EVERYTHING to find what you "don't own"

Have you tried toggling the following icon from this: image.png.9af3f12e88c227cda653e942c305d5d7.png  to  this:  image.png.4b1a009c2eca0351afc0a3299f204a8e.png   ?

Also, if you're using Windows, you can just remove the folders corresponding to presets that you don't own (so that they don't even show up in the AT5 browser).  They're located here:  C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5\Presets .

Hope this helps...

11 minutes ago, locrian said:

Have you tried toggling the following icon from this: image.png.9af3f12e88c227cda653e942c305d5d7.png  to  this:  image.png.4b1a009c2eca0351afc0a3299f204a8e.png   ?

Also, if you're using Windows, you can just remove the folders corresponding to presets that you don't own (so that they don't even show up in the AT5 browser).  They're located here:  C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5\Presets .

Hope this helps...

Thanx Locrian...I hadn't really had the chance to "Dig" because I had to leave for a while....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:
18 minutes ago, locrian said:

Hope this helps.

Thanx Locrian...I hadn't really had the chance to "Dig" because I had to leave for a while....

those don't work in the Custom Shop only in  AT5 itself unless I missed something ?  You have to look for the green ticks.....

You can also delete presets from the preset browser (thanks larry 👍) - but you don't need to as you the buttons you mentioned hide them :)

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, simon said:

those don't work in the Custom Shop only in  AT5 itself unless I missed something ?  You have to look for the green ticks.....

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but if it's the little button that toggles between all / own / don't own presets, then that does seem to work in CS.

Maybe I'm missing something... 😀

49 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Don't even run at all on my 2nd more modern machine either in stand alone mode and immediate crash of Cakewalk as a VST.

Same problem here Brian

Win 10 i5 machine. Standalone crashes. Vst and vst3 crash both Bandlab and Reaper 6.  Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, reactivating. Too much time wasted.

Guess it must be nice otherwise. Deleting and sticking with Bias FX 2.

John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Cadoret said:

Other than all the bells and whistles in AT5 does it actually sound any better than AT4.

I've got the Fender packs which I've compared in AT5 and don't notice any sonic difference.

To be honest I'm not struck on the new GUI so unless there are  hidden benefits I'm in no hurry to move over.

What say you.

From my quick testing of a couple of hours, I agree. You have more flexibility because of the cabinet models, but since I was mostly using it with third party IR's anyway, there is no marked improvement sonically. I wasn't really expecting anything different though (based on what was already known about A5). 

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Same here, my Amplitube 4 Fender presets definitely sound punchier in Amplitube 5. I tweaked the FX/amps, VIR and/or IR's, and I got closer to what they sounded before, which is to say I also preferred them in Amplitube 4. You can 'get them back', it just takes a bit of fiddling around. 

All in all, ***TO ME***, this is more evolutionary than a big step up. It's more tweakable, the cabinet section is definitely an improvement, the GUI is nice, but apart from that, sonically, it's Amplitube 4+, which is not exactly a bad thing. One of the biggest pluses for me is that having A5 Max means no more annoying encounters with stuff I don't own, presets that don't work 100%, all that cr*p. 

I feel the same way about the Axe I/0. It's solid, I like the guitar-centered features and the functional simplicity, but it's no improvement over my 12 year old Motu otherwise, with the latter also seeming to be better at dealing with electrical interference. But this one's USB, the Motu's firewire, so that's that. I bought the bundle for a fair price, no wow factor for me, but it's a solid package throughout so no regrets. Rather an indulgence than a necessity, but I think we're all too familiar with that conclusion. 

• Like 3