Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

3 minutes ago, simon said:

not doing that here - as soon as I click on a new one it goes orange and the old one goes white 

Just tried again and it does actually switch over to the new preset okay it's just the display that lags a bit.

Some very nice presets and I have to admit that the UI is a big improvement on AT4.

Also, the preset switching with the AXE IO knob works ok (as per AT4).

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2

On 10/29/2020 at 5:44 AM, cclarry said:

I learned a long ago that being the FIRST to jump in is a HUGE (and costly) mistake,
as you'll be able to "get in" later on for far less!  We've been "programmed" to HAVE
to be the "first kid on the block" to get the new toy!  

I almost bought Max, then I read this. Shhh don't tell Peter. Thanks Larry.

Rocky

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I'm impressed.. THIS is a MAJOR improvement over A4!

Yeah. I think I am hearing improvement in the new version. I have AT 5 SE and I think I am seeing some weird limitations with it. I will have to check out more forums to make sure I am not missing things.

I posed a bunch of mock up samples and test on my SC page. Still have to find time to work with it some more.

• Like 1

A few things I noticed.

- The default Amplitube effects are less than what is in AT 4. For example, there are missing analogue effects inserts that I have in AT 4 which don't seem to exist in AT 5. I will need to check again late today.

- I also own and use the Fulltone effects extensively. They re-designed the rack and the Fulltone seems really fusked up now. The SSTE does not load normally in the rack. Its not  horizontal. The GUI is resizable, but when you re-size if the GUI for SSTE  is all blurry because the knobs are so small and lose resolution.  it doesn't look like this anymore. 😞

ikc-L-at4-plugin-rack-fulltone_20170224.

Other than all the bells and whistles in AT5 does it actually sound any better than AT4.

I've got the Fender packs which I've compared in AT5 and don't notice any sonic difference.

To be honest I'm not struck on the new GUI so unless there are  hidden benefits I'm in no hurry to move over.

What say you.