Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

Back from dentist and it's now authorised! 👍

Not sure what I did but somewhere between logging into CS, Product Mgr and AT5 it then authorised.

The only way I can see to only see the presets you own are from the folder view, then select whichever version you own.
I am only seeing 20 presets that way though. Can't be right. MAX is only showing 30!

All presets comes up as 2275!!

At5.thumb.jpg.50a8e318c0a812101e51b5e87a2fedb0.jpg

At5a.thumb.jpg.faefad6ac0405221944a44c0472cc486.jpg

Edited by ZincT

2 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Not sure what I did but somewhere between logging into CS, Product Mgr and AT5 it then authorised.

The only way I can see to only see the presets you own are from the folder view, then select whichever version you own.
I am only seeing 20 presets that way though. Can't be right. MAX is only showing 30!

At5.thumb.jpg.50a8e318c0a812101e51b5e87a2fedb0.jpg

Are you getting any sound change ZT?  I've gone through just about every preset, double checked my setting, and
I get NOTHING but clean...regardless of what I select...it's like it's going straight through, not even hitting anything
in the chain, regardless of preset

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Are you getting any sound change ZT?  I've gone through just about every preset, double checked my setting, and
I get NOTHING but clean...regardless of what I select...it's like it's going straight through, not even hitting anything

Yes, I'm hearing the presets OK Larry.

Edited by ZincT

So in the preset browser if I click this mystic icon on the far right I think it lets me toggle between things I own and things I don't own and both:
image.png.b42232457eb4ea76130cb0d8b060bce2.png

And it seems to affect the presets too.  Except it's claiming I don't have licenses for 279 presets.  Most of which are Legacy stuff.  All of which load just fine.  Under custom shop though there are 13 presets I guess I don't own the gear for?  Though they load without a warning.  I guess there are a few items that are only in Amplitude 5 MAX? Even though right now it's showing me as owning them (except the preset browser thinks I don't?).  I think there are 2 Jet City amps and a Seymour Duncan Power Grid Distortion pedal that are MAX only.  Custom shop shows a green check box on them for me.  But the description says included in only AmpliTube 5 MAX.

Since I picked up Joe Satriani I thought I had everything that was in AmpliTube 5 MAX by getting AmpliTube 5.  Not a lot of AmpliTube 5 presets come with it.  They sound pretty good though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Larry, looking on IK forum, no one else is saying anything about not hearing the presets. Maybe something on your end?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZincT said:

All presets for me is 2600 - and I get 20 that are tagged A5 and 35 that are A5max

just ignore it I supposed - they all seem to load  

If you have max do you have the "boston 100" in the satch collection - you can toggle owned/notowned with the button Matthew mentioned ?

1 minute ago, simon said:

@cclarry do you mean standalone or as a plug ? do you have inputs/outputs set ok if it's in the standalone ?

Standalone Simon.  Yes...I have input signal showing on the meters, and output signal showing on the meters,
but the sound never changes.  It stays clean and the tone never changes, regardless of what preset I select

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Custom shop shows a green check box on them for me.  But the description says included in only AmpliTube 5 MAX.

yep - something odd there .......I'm getting everything apart from a few minor items (with AT5 SE and some random AT4 packs)

Plus still an odd issue with the CS - when you reboot and start it standalone you get the old version, until you run it within AT5.  Maybe for some odd backwards compatibility reason but a bit weird and inconsistent

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, simon said:

All presets for me is 2600 - and I get 20 that are tagged A5 and 35 that are A5max

just ignore it I supposed - they all seem to load  

If you have max do you have the "boston 100" in the satch collection - you can toggle owned/notowned with the button Matthew mentioned ?

Thanks Simon.

I just tried the button that Matthew mentioned and that did the trick. Now it's showing 2602 presets!

I only went for standard AT5 not MAX (although that's bound to happen one day ;) 

I see there are some song presets 👍 ... but wondering why Boulevard doesn't have any tremolo on it 😲

At5b.thumb.jpg.b6f2bbb3b152ad798163132893de6e79.jpg

Edited by ZincT

I guess all these things that the Custom Shop say are only in MAX 5 were also in MAX 4 (which I did buy/have) so I own them.  I guess.  The "new" Custom Shop still doesn't show a check on a bunch of the SE gear though, but clearly I own those.  Perhaps it's not showing the check on things included in the free version?

I fed some Orange Tree guitar through some of the new presets, sounds nice.  I like the resizing GUI a lot.  Though the color choices are kind of bad (not enough contrast).

In the end of the day I guess it's how it sounds that matters most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I guess all these things that the Custom Shop say are only in MAX 5 were also in MAX 4 (which I did buy/have) so I own them. 

1 minute ago, simon said:

that wouldn't explain the Satch or Brian May stuff.....def not in AT4 max

Yes I also own AT4 MAX and bought Brian May separately but not yet Satch (still waiting for a killer deal). 

Still AT4 MAX/BM stuff seems to be working fine in AT5.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Really wish it had some tooltips on the GUI.

Definitely this ^^^^ 

I guess for now I will have to just

....... look at the manual (Ok I'll get my coat)  😱

Oh wait...what manual?

Edited by ZincT
  • Haha 2

Ok...figured it out...

Preferences showed everything was set and selected and all was good. Showed input and output,
but NOTHING changed.  So I decided to just "click" on output, and when I did that, even though the
setting never changed, it worked...so IDK what the heck is going on there!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Ok...figured it out...

Preferences showed everything was set and selected and all was good. Showed input and output,
but NOTHING changed.  So I decided to just "click" on output, and when I did that, even though the
setting never changed, it worked...so IDK what the heck is going on there!

Glad you got it sorted Larry!

3 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Anyone else notice that when you select a preset it kinda still shows the previous one selected as well (see screenshot in previous post)?

not doing that here - as soon as I click on a new one it goes orange and the old one goes white