Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

1 minute ago, Grem said:

Is that a good chat? Or a bad chat? 

LOL!!

just people saying they can't get it authorised 

I have an SE licence but the installer says amplitude 5 (not SE).  It's pulled a licence from the server because I'm down to 9 auths left....no existing addons available in the 'demo' either.

wonder if they have some kind of version (SE/full) issue ?

12 minutes ago, simon said:

anybody been able to actually authorise it ?

it self authorized when I installed Simon.  Under it in the IK Product Manager it
says "9 Authorizations Left", which means that it has used one authorization.
Now, the issue that IK has is that the Product Manager, even though it says "authorized"
is that you STILL have to run the IK Authorization Manager...which is completely insane,
but it is IK

• Thanks 1

Just now, cclarry said:

it self authorized when I installed Simon.  Under it in the IK Product Manager it
says "9 Authorizations Left", which means that it has used one authorization.
Now, the issue that IK has is that the Product Manager, even though it says "authorized"
is that you STILL have to run the IK Authorization Manager...which is completely insane,
but it is IK

if you run it does is say authorised ? mine doesn't and runs in demo mode

2 minutes ago, simon said:

just people saying they can't get it authorised 

It's pulled a licence from the server because I'm down to 9 auths left

Ok, think about this. No one can get the app authorized. So this is not just some little 'gotcha'! It's a major f'up!! How in da **** did they let this happen?!!!

Man ya just gotta wonder sometimes. SMHAL

WhyReboot (an app that tells you what is setup to happen on a reboot) says there is nothing pending.  Usually a reboot after an install is because the installer needs to update/replace some locked system file.  In this case there isn't any obvious reason Amplitude 5 needs a reboot.  Be right back.  After I reboot.  For no reason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

WhyReboot (an app that tells you what is setup to happen on a reboot) says there is nothing pending.  Usually a reboot after an install is because the installer needs to update/replace some locked system file.  In this case there isn't any obvious reason Amplitude 5 needs a reboot.  Be right back.  After I reboot.  For no reason.

I did the reboot and that didn't help....

Somebody goofed...

I did the reboot.  It used a authorization on my Web account.  It even claimed to have authorized it but the PM still shows it unauthorized and it says it's not authorized yet.  I even put the serial number into the old IK Authorization Manager.  It took it but it still is un-authorized.

The preferences UI in the stand alone is kind of hard to read.  My monitor is color calibrated with an iDisplayPro too, so I'm pretty sure the levels are right but the "tabs" in the preferences are almost unreadable black on a dark/dark gray.  I bet it looks fine on a Mac with a different gamma setting.

image.png.ef661867f0aa48aabb15e434d7592211.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I did the reboot.  It used a authorization on my Web account.  It even claimed to have authorized it but the PM still shows it unauthorized and it says it's not authorized yet.  I even put the serial number into the old IK Authorization Manager.  It took it but it still is un-authorized.

The preferences UI in the stand alone is kind of hard to read.  My monitor is color calibrated with an iDisplayPro too, so I'm pretty sure the levels are right but the "tabs" in the preferences are almost unreadable black on a dark/dark gray.  I bet it looks fine on a Mac with a different gamma setting.

image.png.ef661867f0aa48aabb15e434d7592211.png

same designer as the Sampletank 4 gui !

• Haha 1