Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

2 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

While it will technically still be the 15th somewhere,

where ? anywhere where IKM customers live ?

I think you mean that release date has slipped and it's now the 16th (honesty is ALWAYS the best policy)

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It will be available early afternoon Italian time on the 16th.  Either way, I think people took WAY too seriously my "it's the 15th somewhere"... It's the 16th where you are?  Then it is the 16th.

because it seems a bit dishonest, that's why - twisting the truth.      (and I'm more than capable of working out if I think that's dishonest or not, thanks)

And you are a posting as an official company rep....and not a nice, cuddly company with flexible and friendly customer loyalty policies...in fact quite the reverse.    

Edited by simon

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

It’s just ONE freakin’ day.  I’m gonna be OK. Thanks for the update, Peter.

This isn't a product release I'd take a vacation day for, but I'd imagine there are those that might and thus becomes a bigger deal if the point of the day was surrounding setting up and playing with it.  With a product some people will be paying $300 for you have to imagine there are some hard core fan bois otherwise how could they charge that insane amount of money for software.  

I didn't see where the offiical launch date was posted, but normally when I see a launch date, I expect it to be within the day of the US calendar day during reasonable business hours.   They have the largest "music" related market in the world.  

Edited by Brian Walton

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It will be available early afternoon Italian time on the 16th.  Either way, I think people took WAY too seriously my "it's the 15th somewhere"... It's the 16th where you are?  Then it is the 16th.

If you had left it at the afternoon of 16th, some people might have complained, but most would have understood.

I'm sure you meant "it's the 15th somewhere" as a joke, but the joke fell flat and a lot of people read it as being weaselish.

11 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

This isn't a product release I'd take a vacation day for, but I'd imagine there are those that might and thus becomes a bigger deal if the point of the day was surrounding setting up and playing with it.  With a product some people will be paying $300 for you have to imagine there are some hard core fan bois otherwise how could that charge that insane amount of money for software.  

I didn't see where the offiical launch date was posted, but normally when I see a launch date, I expect it to be within the day of the US calendar day during reasonable business hours.   They have the largest "music" related market in the world.  

I totally get your and Simon's points, but coming from the product management world, I can empathize what it takes to align the planets for a release like this and how much it must suck to have to push it out even one day.  My usual policy is to under-promise and over-deliver but I've been on the other side, too.  I would never take a vacation day for something that will come on a certain date but at an undetermined time, but I've been waiting - impatiently - for this release, too.

We'll all be playing hookey on the 16th.  And maybe the 17th, too, if its that good.

• Like 1

As some of you might remember, I’m not exactly fond of IK, their reps, or their policies. But I think that part of maximizing your own satisfaction as a customer is understanding both the company you’re dealing with, and the business in general, with all its pros and cons. It keeps you from becoming too miserable 😊 

I ordered the Axe I/O + Amplitube 5 Max bundle at the end of November. Primarily for the interface, with A5 Max being a nice bonus. Anyway, their order status FAQ states:

Completed
The order has been completed. If you have not yet received your order, give the item until the end of the day to arrive. If after 24 hours you have not received your item and your order states "Completed", please check the status of your tracking number in My Orders.

My order’s been labeled completed for... two weeks now, with a shipping date of December 1st.  In fact, they haven’t even shipped it yet, which they confirmed in a late reply to my inquiry. But the above status has not changed, nor is there a tracking number available. Somehow, I’m not that upset. The price was ok, and I hope that when I finally get the bundle, it will prove to be OK. That's it. With IK, I feel that’s the best I can hope for; anything more would be a welcome surprise. And that’s fine, I knew that when I put in the order. 

So tweak your expectations, it might help. I did chuckle a bit at the 15/16th explanation. Reminds me of the way they responded to some pertinent issues raised by users here and elsewhere. Hey, it's Christmas time! 😄

giphy.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

I ordered the Axe I/O + Amplitube 5 Max bundle at the end of November. Primarily for the interface, with A5 Max being a nice bonus. Anyway, their order status FAQ states:

where did you order from? I ordered from IKM web site and item  arrived in less than a week. I am in Canada. Maybe they are low on stock. I ordered before BF.

13 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

where did you order from? I ordered from IKM web site and item  arrived in less than a week. I am in Canada. Maybe they are low on stock. I ordered before BF.

Where I ordered from is an academic point; the issue is the way they handle feedback and communication vs the way they say they do it. Anyway, are you happy with the Axe I/O? 

8 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

Where I ordered from is an academic point; the issue is the way they handle feedback and communication vs the way they say they do it. Anyway, are you happy with the Axe I/O? 

As a guitarist, I'm quite happy with mine.  I just wish that they would quit the "policy jockeying".
Let me explain.  I purchased it because I got it for a decent price, and because it came with Amp 4 Max.
By the time it had arrived, IK had CHANGED their policy that Software that "accompanies hardware" is
not considered a "paid product" and  "not upgradeable/crossgradeable".  THAT CHANGE was made 
DURING THE TIME that my interface was shipping to me!  No notice, no warning, just Ta da...you're screwed!
Being able to upgrade to Total Studio Max with a Maxgrade from A4 Max was one of my MAIN motivating factors for buying
the Axe I/O! Had I known that they were going to do that, I certainly  would NOT have purchased it.

And it's not an "isolated" thing.  They do things like this REPEATEDLY! 

Great Products....SH**TY business model...

Pete's a great guy...and I give him a lot of grief, but he KNOWS that it's not directed at him,
but rather the company!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

As a guitarist, I'm quite happy with mine.  I just wish that they would quit the "policy jockeying".

If the interface is solid, I'm fine. I'm with you on the policy changes, as I let you know before. Heck, I ordered the bundle and I suspect my A5 Max might become NFR and not upgradeable as well; and I find that quite dodgy, since we're not talking about software that's bundled with the hardware at no additional cost, but one that you actually do pay for, even at a greatly discounted price, as part of the bundle (which is more expensive than the hardware alone). Oh well 🙄

4 hours ago, simon said:

because it seems a bit dishonest, that's why - twisting the truth.      (and I'm more than capable of working out if I think that's dishonest or not, thanks)

And you are a posting as an official company rep....and not a nice, cuddly company with flexible and friendly customer loyalty policies...in fact quite the reverse.    

Going to be honest (pun intended) and say that's a pretty hot take for such a simple sentiment/post on my part.  Thanks for your input but sorry I'm going to keep it less corporate/uptight and still interact with the community as a human being.  I apologize if that doesn't fit your expectations.  I also post plenty without any reference to IK here and feel I'm part of the community, regardless of whether a few posts since I posted a one day change may make me feel a little bit otherwise.

If there's any other underlying issue with IK (or me) that's causing what to me seems like a (again, I'm going to continue to post like a real human being) overreaction to the content of the post - I hope you can understand why I might feel this is a possible scenario, sorry if I'm wrong but it is well worth asking in my humble opinion - please do shoot me a PM and I'm sure I can help work it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I also post plenty without any reference to IK here and feel I'm part of the community, regardless of whether a few posts since I posted a one day change may make me feel a little bit otherwise.

I wasn't going to comment further but hey........

I respectfully think you may be missing the point, as least as far as I'm concerned.    This is user forum, run beautifully by Larry, it's the only forum I post on because of the friendly and helpful people here.     You are on here as a company representative, you are here to make money not to save it.  A different agenda from others on here. 

Many times on this thread (and other on other forums) people have pointed out how the way you treat existing customers is not a "DEAL" in fact it's a bit shoddy - but you continue to insist everything is perfect.  I would expect nothing less - you are representing IKM - show no sign of weakness. IKM is never wrong.

I really don't care what day you release A5, but when that day changes just say so...instead you imply "we stood by our promise - the exact letter of the law - read the small print - it is the 15th in the middle of the Pacific"

That's what IKM do - the customer is always wrong .......

Nothing personal but you did ask 

• Meh 1