Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

19 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Sucks that if you recent bought Total Studio or whatever recently it appears you will have to pony up for the new version.

Just like "complete" bundles from others, Total Studio 2 MAX contains what is available when it was released and is not a subscription or similar where new products are added.  It is also available currently for pennies on the dollar and has been for months in a huge promotion.  The upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE/5/MAX is not a huge amount and note that even if you paid $179.99 for Total Studio 2 MAX in the promo, you get JamPoints based on the MSRP of the version you bought which can be used to take off an additional up to 30% off the AmpliTube 5 intro  pricing.

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

15 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Aren't they offering a grace period upgrade to Amplitube 5 SE for people that bought recently?  It may be a while before this is in one of the bundles.

Per the AmpliTube 5 news, if you purchase AmpliTube 4 or it is included with hardware.  Total Studio 2 MAX does not unlock free AmpliTube 5 SE.

• Like 2

I was looking at the new deal on the Z Tone DI, ($225) which appears to come with the full Amplitube 5. I had been contemplating (if the VIR technology pans out) updating my Amplitube 4 Max to Amplitube 5 GE for about $70, using Jam points. The Z Tone deal, using Jam Points, would run around $158, but I would be getting the DI box and a few extra new Amplitube modules thrown in too. Hmmm.....

• Great Idea 1

31 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Just remember that products that come with hardware are NFR, and NFU (Not for upgrade)!

Yeah that’s true, but does IK really do “upgrades” anymore ? If it’s a future  “crossgrade” promotion, I’ve got enough other IK stuff that I suspect I’d be eligible.

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Yeah that’s true, but does IK really do “upgrades” anymore ? If it’s a future  “crossgrade” promotion, I’ve got enough other IK stuff that I suspect I’d be eligible.

Yeah. i think that's his point and the clinker.. When you get AT 5 included with hardware, as far as IKM is concerned, you didn't actually pay for the product. They gave it away to you as a freebie. So you don't qualify for any crossgrade promos. You would have to use other software you actually paid for to get any crossgrad or upgrade promos. Not a big deal really as long as you aren't in a hurry to get the software. IKM constantly do promos and offers.

FWIW.. I just bought the DI to get AT 5 SE.  I don't need all the other collections in AT 4. It's quite a good DI. It makes quite a difference in  signal quality going to the DAW.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Yeah. i think that's his point and the clinker.. When you get AT 5 included with hardware, as far as IKM is concerned, you didn't actually pay for the product. They gave it away to you as a freebie. So you don't qualify for any crossgrade promos. You would have to use other software you actually paid for to get any crossgrad or upgrade promos. Not a big deal really as long as you aren't in a hurry to get the software. IKM constantly do promos and offers.

I think we may all be saying the same thing. I’m not sure it makes much difference to me if IK won’t allow me to “upgrade” AT5. I have AT4 Max, and all the AT modules I need (except Satriani) and most of their big “deals” and releases tend to allow you to do the deal as a “crossgrade” and I still have paid versions of ST4, Syntronik, B3, Modo, you name it. I tend to keep and not sell, as well. Good to hear you like the DI Box!!

On 12/8/2020 at 7:05 PM, cclarry said:

Just remember that products that come with hardware are NFR, and NFU (Not for upgrade)!

Just to revisit this a bit, I may not have grasped the full impact of what Lars is saying here. If I do the bundle, am I eligible for Amplitube 5 bug fixes that IK may do e.g. in a 5.05 or 5.1? If not, that truly is a deal breaker.

4 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Just to revisit this a bit, I may not have grasped the full impact of what Lars is saying here. If I do the bundle, am I eligible for Amplitube 5 bug fixes that IK may do e.g. in a 5.05 or 5.1? If not, that truly is a deal breaker.

Yes LAG....just not for upgrades and crossgrades

15 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Just to let you know, so there's no surprises, as I posted on Gearslutz:  While it still will be the 15th somewhere in the world, the expected general timeframe of release (Italy time) will be early afternoon December 16th.

Ok, Italy is 6 hours ahead of Montreal. So that means I should be able to download it when I wake up on the 16th... Won't sleep late on that day! Is the 16th by any chance a typo? Shouldn't it be the 15th or is there a one day delay?

Does that include CS for those of us who haven't preordered? Is demoing only possible through CS?