Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

29 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm wondering if there 5 SE might be enough.  Are those rack effects, rooms and mics worth $50?

I have AT4 MAX+ (most of the collections included in AT5 Max). I don't plan on pre-ordering, but I'm sure I'll step up to V5. So it's $99 bucks to get the new tech and for another $50 I get the new gear. That seems like a no brainer to me. I plan on getting AT5.

Edited by rsinger
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

From following these threads --  I am starting to wonder, it seems its better to just get group buys and not buy Max editions. It seems you get more millage from group buys.

That's how I got the vast majority of my IK gear.  I might not have been a customer of theirs if not for their 2014 Winter Olympics group buy.  OK, I did get MAX, but only during a ridiculous sale last year.

Sure, it would be nice if their upgrade paths made it worth people's whiles to upgrade to MAX without having to wait for sales.  I don't have the will or energy to argue about those things as I feel I have plenty of options already and there are far worse crises in the world than that.

If IK want to sell me the upgrade, they need to convince me that the new gear is that essential.  Otherwise it's just more stuff to keep track of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rsinger said:

I have AT4 MAX+ (most of the collections included in AT5 Max). I don't plan on pre-ordering, but I'm sure I'll step up to V5. So it's $99 bucks to get the new tech and for another $50 I get the new gear. That seems like a no brainer to me. I plan on getting AT5.

You can also use your jam points for this.

I don't have AT4Max, but to upgrade to A5 (using jam points) is around $104. Of course, NI's GR6 is also on the table.....decisions, decisions. B|

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eugene Tsepenuk said:

So if I have Amplitube 4 + most collections and CS gear included in Amplitube 5 - it's better for me to buy A5SE than "upgrade" to A5 Full version?

Because with A5 I'll get mostly the same as with A5SE, but for more money, right? Oh. Well. That's very interesting  "upgade" conception.

With AT5 SE you won't get all the new gear. You will be limited in what you get as far as new 'gear'. You will have the same technology in AT5 SE as you do in AT5.

So the decision becomes do you want all the new gear or just some of it.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

I think if you go AT5 SE rather than full AT5 and decide you want some of that new gear I don't believe you will be able to purchase any of it in the custom shop.  That's the one unclear thing. 

So for example those two new rooms, I don't think they will be sold outside the full AT5. 

You will get all the AT5 features and all your AT4 stuff will be fully usable with the advanced features.  But the 2 new stomps, 5 acclaimed amps, 2 new rooms, 19 new rack FX may not be available.  The 100 completely re-captured cabinets you'll get if any of them were included with AT4 (I think).  But the 2 stomps, 5 amps, 2 rooms and 19 new racks it's not clear if you can buy in the custom shop in pieces or if you will have to buy the full AT5 to get them. 

And I don't think there is any discount on AT5SE to AT5.  So you end up "buying" it again.  As a result I decided full AT5 was the cheaper path.  Getting AT5SE first would make getting full AT5 more expensive.

But it's possible that AT5 new gear would be available in the store in pieces, which you might be able to get using group buys or other discounts.  Which might be cheaper than the extra $50 for the full AT5.  I decided the odds of that are very low though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Is the current pricing, intro pricing. Or just preorder pricing. I.e: can we still get the current price after we get the chance to actually demo AT5?

It's preorder.  Actual full pricing is AT5SE $149, AT5 $199, AT5MAX $399.  But I believe there will still be upgrade/crossgrade discounts equal to what things are now for IK customers that qualify for those options even after the preorder prices end.  So if you are one of those customers the pricing may stay the same.  If you are a new customer, pricing will go up.  Until the next sale, which will certainly happen for Xmas. 

No promises though, IK is free to change their pricing and discounts at any time for any reason.  I do think it's safe to say that if you are willing to wait the current offer will be available again.

4 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Is the current pricing, intro pricing. Or just preorder pricing. I.e: can we still get the current price after we get the chance to actually demo AT5?

You can take Peter's word for it:

in a nutshell:

The introductory pricing runs through December 31st but the release date will be during Q4. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

The introductory pricing runs through December 31st but the release date will be during Q4 2021?

I kid, I kid!!

Hopefully, I repeat Hopefully, I can demo 5CS and see if the upgrade to 5 is such a “must have” I drop the coin now, or do I wait for the inevitable deals down the road...

My guess?

gonna wait

t

Yes we did update the chart to lay out what is and is not included with the CS version as well as the other versions, feature-wise.  That should answer a lot of questions.

There will also be a filter which will allow you to filter out gear you don't own and I'm told it applies to presets as well.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 11/3/2020 at 1:07 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

In terms of quantity of stuff, AmpliTube 4 MAX has more stuff than Amplitube 5 and and AmpliTube 5 SE, except for the 12 extra rack effects and the 4 extra rooms in regular 5.  Am I right about this?     Maybe the numbers don't tell the whole story--perhaps the rack effects have changed.  The video says "19 new effects racks."

What I want to explore is what the 19  new effects racks are.  Apparently they all look like MixBus now.   As I plan to get MixBus someday and a lot of them are just cutdown versions of T-RackS... going from SE to full 5 might come down to two more rooms. 

I'm wondering if  5 SE might be enough.   But I suppose many presets will only work if you have 5. 

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

AMPLITUBE 4 MAX

88 Stomp Boxes
80 amps
92 cabinets
29 Speaker models
24 Rack effects
6 rooms
18 Mics

AMPLITUBE 5

47 Stomp Boxes
34 Amps
27 Cabinets
13 Speakers
36 Rack Effects
8 Rooms
11 Mics

AMPLITUBE 5 SE
19 Stomp Boxes
12 Amps
13 Cabinets
8 Speakers
14 Rack Effects
6 Rooms
5 Mics

Those would vary, you can see the full list at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/#version via the "download full comparison chart") which should show which are like MixBox and which are not (like the TERC etc).  You should be able to click "RACK" on the left to go directly there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Those would vary, you can see the full list at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/#version via the "download full comparison chart") which should show which are like MixBox and which are not (like the TERC etc).  You should be able to click "RACK" on the left to go directly there.

Thanks Peter!

On 11/3/2020 at 9:15 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

And I don't think there is any discount on AT5SE to AT5.  So you end up "buying" it again.  As a result I decided full AT5 was the cheaper path.  Getting AT5SE first would make getting full AT5 more expensive.

Yep that's why after looking at everything I changed from getting AT5 SE to AT5.

7 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

t seems IKM updated the content of their site with respect to Amplitube 5 versions.

Thanks for that. Helps a lot!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

There will also be a filter which will allow you to filter out gear you don't own and I'm told it applies to presets as well.

Sorry to quote myself but I don't know if I made this prominent enough.  It's a huge quality of life improvement and I was pushy about it in this morning's software meeting so I want to shout it from the rooftops :) so forgive my indulgence and boldface

Edit - and the testing team agreed they'd test the F out of this as it is a huge request that's finally coming and they're excited too

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

There will also be a filter which will allow you to filter out gear you don't know own and I'm told it applies to presets as well.

Hallelujah!  You may have just saved an IK customer...   Seriously.  Thanks!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2